VFR Owners- Question for You- Parking Brake

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Tony Warrall, the maker of the ST1300 parking break, and a friend of mine are already looking in to whether or not the ST1300 parking brake will work on the VFR, or if he can easily change something to make it work.
However, I know that a lot of people on here also have or have had VFR's. Many of you had them at the same time that you had an ST1300. I also know that many people put a VFR clutch lever on their ST1300 to get the adjust-ability. Since the clutch lever is a direct bolt-on, I was wondering if the brake lever/master cylinder was also as similar to the ST1300.

My friend has a 2008 VFR. From what I understand, 2008 through 2012 are all the same.

The questions I have are;
Does anyone know of or has found a parking brake for a VFR (2008) that is of the same quality as the Tony Warrall's ST1300 park brake?
There are cheaply made in China ones that come up, but they don't look very well designed or made.

Does anyone know for sure whether Tony Warrall's ST1300 parking brake will work on a VFR (2008)? Are the brake masters/lever similar enough that it will work?

Thank you for any information that you may have.

Tony Warrall's ST1300 parking brake can be seen here- ST1300 Parking Brake

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew Shadow

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Here is the update in case anyone else wants to know.

My friend sent pictures of his master cylinder to Tony. Tony responded that the ST1100 parking brake would work on his VFR. My friend ordered one, received and bolted it on. It works fine, no problem.

Top Bottom