VFR1200F = $15,999

Bike
ST 1300
STOC #
The new Cycle Canada arrived at my door today announcing all the new 2010 rides. There was a fairly indepth report on the VFR 1200 and they raved about the DCT option as a must have. Sadly the 2010 ST1300 was NOT mentioned at all in the list of Honda touring bikes. I hope this was just an oversite by the magazine.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Here's a humorous VFR note. :D

Also has an article about pricing in Urp (much more than the US.)

Also has an article with pics of the motor. Pretty nice stuff.

Bike
2003 Goldwing
STOC #
That price gives me sticker shock. But then my head is stuck somewhere between the late 80's to late 90's for new bike prices.

With the mortgage, two beautiful daughters (one in braces), etc. I am going to have to wait to look at 5 year old VFR1200's. I'm sure my ST will still be purring along until then.

I'll just be living vicariously through the lucky few who will buy the F & T model brand new.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300
With the mortgage, two beautiful daughters (one in braces), etc.
Me too. 2 daughters (both) with braces. Oldest is done (teeth look great) and the youngest is less than a year into it. While the benefits are obvious, I still can't get past the huge fee.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
My '08 ST was purchased by me in Nov. of '08. I had looked at the FJR and C14. They were ruled out because if riding position. I had my heart set on an R1200RT until I test drove the bike. The K1200GT I drove Impressed the hell out of me.Dollar wise it was an attainable stretch. It just wasn't THE bike. To be honest, the K bike had more power than I wanted. I took the ST for a ride and met my match. Do I think the new VFR might replace the ST, quite possibly. I also imagine the VFR is closer to the K bike than the ST in performance. The R bike does nicely sitting across the showroom floor from the K bike. Why not the ST and VFR continuing their relationship? Whatever happens, I'll be riding the ST for a long time to come, God willing. I am very happy here and would rather make some subtle improvements to a bike that does exactly what I want, than go chasing after performance I can't use.

Tom

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
No VFR will be my future....My ST will have to last several more years and I do believe it will so by then who knows what will be out there.

I like the VFR but it does not fill my needs and the fuel capacity is a big negative....I already have a bike that I can eek out 125 miles on a tank of fuel and it is no fun on a Sun. evening out around Pie Town and the reserve light pops on......you hope the station in Magdalena is open!

The new Multistrada looks good, killer bike in all respects but teh valve service interval is a negative for me....I hear Ducati is recommending 17,000 mile intervals vs the 7,500 mile interval my Hypermotard gets. That is better but time will tell...and 20,500$$$$ for the multi...not gonna happen with me..

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well if all goes as planned and confirmed, I'll be renting the new VFR1200 in June over in the U.K. for 10 days. It will be nice to see how it actually performs compared to my experience on the ST1300 and ST1100. I'll be doing two-up and solo on all sorts of roads so I should get a feeling for how it hauls the load. I'll have one with the luggage so I'll see how that works. If it becomes the base for the ST replacement (and I'm figuring it will - why make it a shaft otherwise?) then at least I'll have an idea about the thing should I ever wear out my three ST1100s ... :D

tdeboeser

that's not me!
STOC #
For me they ruined the VFR in '98. At this price and considering it's tech it should be a 'busa beater.

:tc1: Tom de

Bike
GL1800
For me they ruined the VFR in '98. At this price and considering it's tech it should be a 'busa beater.

:tc1: Tom de
Interesting .....as most folks like the 5th gen model. The Vtec 6th gen has some detractors though. I think I will keep mine till the VFR1200 tour version/ST replacement? comes out at least.

The VFR1200F does not work for me for sport touring till they give me more gas.

Top Bottom