VFR1200F Review

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
DEAN - My biggest concern is with the handlebars since I've had some pretty major surgery on my wrists. Thanks for your perspective on that bit of it. After 'living' with it for 10 days on the road, I should a pretty good idea of it's touring capabilities.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Don't think most st riders would consider this a touring bike. The pegs are back quite a bit, there is a definite forward lean and a lot of wind. It could be made into a touring bike like the CBR can be made into a touring bike but is definitely not purpose built for this. Bike is very fun to ride and scary fast. I like it quite a bit. Plan to wait to see the touring model and then might buy one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Make that most ST1300 riders wouldn't consider this a touring bike and I'd agree. In Europe, the Pan is considered a touring bike and the Blackbird was a sport touring bike.

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
DEAN - My biggest concern is with the handlebars since I've had some pretty major surgery on my wrists. Thanks for your perspective on that bit of it. After 'living' with it for 10 days on the road, I should a pretty good idea of it's touring capabilities.
Hard to say for certain, but I would guess you will be pleasantly surprised with the ergonomics. I had my ST for about 2 days before I ordered Helibars! My wrists ached and I was thinking I made a terrible mistake...

All that to say that I only rode it for 30-45 minutes but since I survived with no pain without using a throttle lock or anything I've got my fingers crossed you will have a totally enjoyable time.

And it is quite likely no matter what happens that every time you crack the throttle and hit approximately 6000 RPM the gin on your face will make you forget whatever else is going on:D

Top Bottom