Vinyl wrapping

Bike
2006 Honda st1300
Has anybody thought of vinyl wrapping the ST1300? I've been thinking about it as my 2006 ST has scratches all over the paint and some rubbing marks on the side panels. I've been contemplating this for a few months now. Just want to get some input before doing it. I'll be doing the tank, the front fairing, mirrors, the rear panel and both side panels with vinyl wrap. I've been watching a bunch of YouTube videos and think I can do this to my bike.

Wraps only make sense if you're after a complex / intricate design (well, my opinion).

If it were me, I'd rather pull the parts and do a proper spray. My thinking is there'd be less material waste (I'm sure I'd botch a panel or two with wrap).

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I was following a wrap thread on an RT forum. The result looked amazing. I think the cost was $800 and the person who did the wrap said that in the end under-quoted the job.
I'll see if I can find the thread.

OP
OP
Bike
2006 Honda st1300
I purchased the vinyl wrap and 3M knifeless tape for under $70. Watched a bunch of videos on vinyl wrapping various parts of a motorcycle. I already have a heat gun and tools for installing window tint. Should be a fun project. The wrap conforms to the curves of a motorcycle nicely. The tank I'll do in 3 pieces and front fairing I'll do in 2 sections. The bike needs roughly 5000 square inches of wrap and I purchased about 10000 square inches.

I purchased the vinyl wrap and 3M knifeless tape for under $70. Watched a bunch of videos on vinyl wrapping various parts of a motorcycle. I already have a heat gun and tools for installing window tint. Should be a fun project. The wrap conforms to the curves of a motorcycle nicely. The tank I'll do in 3 pieces and front fairing I'll do in 2 sections. The bike needs roughly 5000 square inches of wrap and I purchased about 10000 square inches.
Hi Jamal, I realize this is an old thread, but how did the wrap turn out, and after two years is it holding up?

Top Bottom