Vista Cruise question

Hello all, I have been having trouble geting my Vista Cruise install to work correctly (I have the Yamaha version). I haven't been able to set it where when flipped on it will hold enough to keep the throttle locked and when disengaged still spring back. I think I finally figured out what's going on. My BMW grip is binding against the Vista Cruise housing - making it drag as the throttle tries to spring back when I disengage the VC. If I cut/trim some of the inside of my grip away, this will keep it from dragging - but if I do this, it will create a very narrow channel (maybe 1/16") between my grip and the Vista Cruise housing. Do you think water getting down to the throttle tube through this opening could cause me any problems?

Thanks, Brian

STOC #
I don't think it should be a problem with water, but instead of trimming the grip you should just remove the grip with an air compressor blow nozzle then reinstall it about 1/16th of an inch away from the vista cruise. I have the vista cruise and it is the most valuable farkle I own. To remove the grip just blow air under the grip at the outside edge and it will for lack of a better term, float there and you can pull it off very easily. instead of pulling it all the way off though just move it as far as you need to for the vista cruise to work freely.

Top Bottom