Walmart version of seafoam

Bike
2007 ST1300
Anyone see that Walmart is offering their version of sea-foam?
Super Tech Motor Treatment. sits right on the shelf beside the sea-foam and is about $2 cheaper.
I bought one and am going to give it a try.
According to the label does all the same thing that the sea foam does.

:bigpop:

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
They've been taking a sort of "Amazon Basics" approach lately, offering competitive objects under a variety of house brand names. Their Super Tech line of fluids has been expanding lately; I was in a Wal-Mart the other day and saw a row of Super Tech 10W-40 full synthetic motorcycle-specific oils for $6.95/qt.

I'll be curious to see what your experience is with the Seafoam competitor. It's entirely possible that it's co-man'd by Seafoam, and just sold under the Super Tech name. That sort of stuff happens all the time, in way more industries than you'd think.

Bike
2010 ST1300
According to the label does all the same thing that the sea foam does.
It would not be very bright of them to say otherwise on the label. Has any used car salesman EVER said the car's engine sounds like a loose bucket of bolts arattling?

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
I tried an 8oz bottle of the Supertech carb treatment when I was looking to purchase some Techron. $1.00 a bottle why not, up to 21 gal it says, dumped the whole thing in a couple tanks full ago and the bike definatly had more shnizzle. Will try it again soon.

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
Drained and filled the new Canyon for a first oil change today, 6 qts of Super tech full syn. 5-30 and a Super Tech filter. No performance noted as I backed it out of the garage.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Could not locate an MSDS to see what's in the SuperTech...... Main ingredients in Seafoam are naptha (slow acting solvent) and isopropanol to take care of water (isopropanol can handle many times more water than ethanol). Most fuel treatments contain naptha......

Bike
2010 ST1300
I tried an 8oz bottle of the Supertech carb treatment when I was looking to purchase some Techron. $1.00 a bottle why not, up to 21 gal it says, dumped the whole thing in a couple tanks full ago and the bike definatly had more shnizzle. Will try it again soon.
Can you expand on the term 'shnizzle'? What units are used here, for example, mph, furlongs per fortnight, whatever?
Agreed. My bike doesn't perform when I'm backing it up either. :biggrin:
That's because you don't give it enough gas. I read years ago that some guy drove from the east coast to the west coast in reverse. I bet his car performed....:rofl1:

Bike
VStrom 650
Can you expand on the term 'shnizzle'? What units are used here, for example, mph, furlongs per fortnight, whatever?

That's because you don't give it enough gas. I read years ago that some guy drove from the east coast to the west coast in reverse. I bet his car performed....:rofl1:
I like "Shnizzle", kind of means how it sounds.
It really Shnizzled today.
I think I've Shnizzled myself.
You're not in that bathroom Shnizzling again are you.
If I had a Schnizzle for every time that happened I'd be well and truly Shnizzled.
How did we live without the Shnizzle?
Upt'North.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I like "Shnizzle", kind of means how it sounds.
It really Shnizzled today.
I think I've Shnizzled myself.
You're not in that bathroom Shnizzling again are you.
If I had a Schnizzle for every time that happened I'd be well and truly Shnizzled.
How did we live without the Shnizzle?
Upt'North.
I prefer the slang you have used in the past. Shnizzled is clearly from this side of the pond.

Walleye

Site Supporter
Bike
99 ST 1100
Shnizzle is an noted improvement in observed audio perconation with an increased level of desirables.

Top Bottom