WANT FANTASTIC RADIO RECEPTION??

this comes on the back of a post i put up 2 weeks ago about the terrible radio reception that i experienced when i fitted the honda st1300 standard radio kit, which costs twice what a good car radio would,
but it comes with an aeriel, (well thats what honda call it)
it took me the best part of a day to fit the kit as all the plastics have to be removed, holes drilled and cups of tea, lots of them have to be drunk
end result -----:confused: ------rubbish:mad:
but great when i drove to the top of the nearest big hill, others on here had a problem as well but no clear path to a solution, then i remembered i had a very similar problem 8-10 years ago when i fitted a car radio to one of my bikes and spent a lot of cash trying many aerials from car part superstores, back then i fitted a 12 v powered screen aerial, the odd type that fits on the inside of your car screen, (very usefull if you live in an area where the kids like to snap them off for fun), well this aerial worked for me then and so i fitted one to the inside of the plastic just above the headlights, it comes with sticky fixers and is short in length so it fits just fine,
and the result is---:D :D :D bloody brill:) :) :)
station auto search now works!!!:) picking up more stations than my car, no loss of signal at all anywhere, i have left the stupid fiberglass aerial that came with the radio on the bike as i had to drill a flippin big hole for it, i have cut it down to a little stubby style one just to make it look better and cut the wires from the rear and threw them with great force into the bin:mad:
the question must be--- do honda not check the kit that we buy to ensure it works as it should to reflect the mega bucks it costs, the fact that i sorted it was only luck and experience from the past

ST Dan

2 summers 50k+ miles 48 states
Bike
14 NC700X
STOC #
any pics?? I am getting ready to install a stereo and i purchasd an amplified antenna for it....

OP
OP
manxman
any pics?? I am getting ready to install a stereo and i purchasd an amplified antenna for it....
sorry, but i did not take a photo, and its now hidden behind the plastic,
but the aerial is in most car part stores, in halfords over here and loads of others, to help it simply sticks to any surface, curved or flat as the aerial is soft/bendy and has three sticky pads, one in the center and one at each end, the amplifier is in the center and is 1/3rd the size of a ciggie packet, there are 2 wires one red /positive, and 1 ground wire, simple and easy, price is around twice the cost of a cheap standard aerial £10/ $20

H20SKIER

Bob
Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
I used this same antenna on my concours a few years ago and It did not work very well at all, but part of the problem is that I mounted it inside the fairing so it probably could not pick up. Is yours visible? if so maybe mine was a bad one??.. Sirius is the only way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom