Warmer weather now

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
As the title says, we're getting into warmer weather. Some of you probably have been for months now!

The ambient air temp was 19 degrees C and during my commute this morning I noticed two things:
1) My lower legs were warmer than I recall last summer.
2) I feel the heat from the lower fairing below the cut-out.
I know folks have sealed up below the tank etc. but has anyone applied reflective foil to the inside of the low fairing area?

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
My 2005 has stock metal heat shields inside the lower fairings; I have been told that not all do and I don't know why.

Additionally, it has muffler tape wrapped around the headers. I have no complaints about temperature emitted by this bike.

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
Do a search. Someone, about two or three years ago, put up a nice thread with lots of pictures of how he put aluminum (I think insulation, but not certain) underneath the fuel tank and around various areas near there. He had impressive results.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
As the title says, we're getting into warmer weather. Some of you probably have been for months now!

The ambient air temp was 19 degrees C and during my commute this morning I noticed two things:
1) My lower legs were warmer than I recall last summer.
2) I feel the heat from the lower fairing below the cut-out.
I know folks have sealed up below the tank etc. but has anyone applied reflective foil to the inside of the low fairing area?
What do you wear for pants? For me, there's a big heat difference if I don't wear my motorcycle pants over my jeans.

I'm cooler and more comfortable in the summer with motorcycle pants over my jeans... blocks the sun on my thighs and the engine heat on my lower legs.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I wear jeans and Olympia Airglide mesh pants.

I'm not bothered by the heat of my 2005 just wondered if folks who don't like the heat on their lower legs had tried any reflective/insulation on the fairing where ones shins are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom