We Have A Chance To Make A Difference. Input Needed

FJRHank

"Scooter Pimp"
Okay, I've indicated that it seems like our only option for the "left turners that fail to yield" would be headlight modulators...

But, it appears BMW has another idea called BMW Left Turn Assistant

worth reading about... probably never going to be very prevalent, but wow, wouldn't it be great!

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Okay, I've indicated that it seems like our only option for the "left turners that fail to yield" would be headlight modulators...

But, it appears BMW has another idea called BMW Left Turn Assistant

worth reading about... probably never going to be very prevalent, but wow, wouldn't it be great!
Interesting article and no Ludite anti-tech. arguments from me. But the "Car-to-Car or Car-to-Motorcycle Communication Further Improves Safety" device already exists at ADVRIDER. :crackup :rofl1:

Bike
1993 ST1100
STOC #
I would bet that the non riding public would say this about ALL motorcyclists, ATGATT or not?
What about other activities? Should skiers, skydivers, bungee jumpers, etc. be required to have this insurance too?
I'm not too concerned about the skydivers, I was looking at long term care :D

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
1 edumication and that includes cagers. chalk talk and practical demonstrated.
5 edumication and that includes cagers. Including continued awareness campaigns.

Most accidents are self inflicted.

6 Bike performance requirements. Allowed and required lighting. Horn decibel. Brake turn signal brightness. Mirror placement/size. Min braking distance requirement min skid pad performance...thinking out loud. Should cut down on the extreme customs that can't turn.
7 Some kind of tiered license and time to pillion allowed.
8 Motorcyle friendly street and barrier design, road patching, temporary rode plate and signage...
9 Stop texting and driveing. make it painful if you do.
10 Allow ear buds. let me save my hearing I can hear a siren just fine.
11 Allow me to pass with authority when safe to do so :) At the speed limit just extends my exposure. Volunteering to be a bumper sandwich isn't making me safer.
12 Make a rider course the cheapest way to get an endorsement.
13 Focus enforcement more on agressive stupid driving then just speed.
14 Some way of encouraging ins break for atg.
15 Unify DOT EC helmet standards.
16 Officer education. Crash analysis I think they just assume excessive speed.

If your gonna violate the law and have a MC only safety stop, at least make it a motors that has a clue about riding and safety not if I have a DOT sticker on my skid lid. Since there are way more car accidents why not start there.
I like the way you put this out there. I'm thinking you are on the right track here!!!

Bike
2006 ST1300
1) Tiered licensing for motorcycles (Just like Europe)
2) Inability to register a (street) motorcycle without a motorcycle endorsement.
3) Higher fines and immediate bike impoundment for operating a motorcycle without a license.
4) Unable to get bike out of impoundment (for above) without acquiring motorcycle license first

I love number 1. Illinois currently has 2 tiers.. 175cc and smaller, and any size cycle. I'd like to see 3 tiers, (IMO 50-250cc twist and go, up to 500cc motorcycle, and unlimited cc) and no license issued without a pass certificate from the MSF. I want the T&G certification because in Illinois, you can test on a mid sized scooter (say an Aprilia Scarabeo), and then hop on a Busa and be legal.
Miminum horn decibels, and headlamp modulators on every two wheeled vehicle. Mandatory helmet laws in every state. I'd like to see safety inspections every year on all bikes, including decibel tests on exhaust. The fundage from the safety inspections should fund free MSF courses in every state. I'd also be up for tougher laws for cage drivers that are proven to be at fault in an accident with a bike, and the rider dies as a result of the accident.

slmjim

Hopeless Tool Junkie
Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger
Bike
Which one today...?
Hi all,
Don't know if the friend has any influence in highway engineering, but I'd like to see coarse sand mixed into the tar they use in tar snakes to make them less slick..

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

Bike
BMW K1300S
Tiered licensing works. I lived in Japan for about 9 and a half years and they don't have half the problems we have. Yeah, they have the bosozoku (bozo boys) who are just a bunch of hooligans, and I've ridden with sport bike guys at 3 times the posted limit on mountain roads, but for the most part, everything is fairly structured. When I lived there, they had a novice license for under 50cc, then an intermediate for 400cc, a high end for up to 750cc and a special for anything above 750cc. I've taken a boat load of safety courses and accumulated some mileage and don't have many of the problems that some knuckle head with a brand new Harley has. Few people take the time to learn to ride on a smaller bike with less weight and power and then graduate to a larger bike. Everybody wants to start riding on a Hayabusa or a ZX-14 or go to a bar, get way beyond stupid and then hop on their Harley and do burnouts.

Top Bottom