weird medical condition

Bike
2005 ST1300
I know this is strange but.. my left toe at the exact spot i shift is numb and has been for weeks. I ride every day but its only 30 min each way. I thought about making a heel/toe shifter. (can i buy one that will work?) anybody else have this happen or hear of it?. thanks for laughing quietly

You might be able to find a shoe repair store and have an extra layer of leather put on your boot, I did, not for my toe, but my worn boot.

And, are you sure your boots aren't the problem; too tight. It is an odd problem, and you might want your blood sugar checked too, to rule out diabetes.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Did you buy new boots recently? Or, maybe was standing up for hrs in uncomfortable shoes?

Some skiers get that type of numbness due to the ski boots messing with the nerves in your lower leg.

I've walked around in new MC boots before and had my big toe on one foot go numb... took many weeks for it to come back.. I try to not wear tight boots or to loosen them if they have that much of an adjustment.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I know this is strange but.. my left toe at the exact spot i shift is numb and has been for weeks. I ride every day but its only 30 min each way. I thought about making a heel/toe shifter. (can i buy one that will work?) anybody else have this happen or hear of it?. thanks for laughing quietly
I had a bad case of gout on my right big toe. Is that what you have? get it checked out. no need to suffer.

Bike
Goldwing
Many of us have issues, and this rider certainly does. If I laugh, it's with you and not at you.

Maybe it's shoes, or a back problem, sitting pressure on the sciatic nerve, or gout? Might be any number of things? I've seen people with acupunture pins in their ears...but not sure if a helmet can be fitted for that.;)

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Sometimes numbness in your extremities can be a back problem. One of the nerves in your spine that is beginning to be pinched can cause numbness

OP
OP
Bike
2005 ST1300
I wear good shoes and have alpinestars smx4 boots a little big but got a deal. I also wear better insoles than stock. I will try to make a shifter and try some more stretching. thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom