Boots What boot features do you like and why?

Good protection, comfortable, waterproof. Oh, and make me look bads$s. :rolleyes:

I have always said,,,

"If ya Find Something that you like,,, Buy 2 of them'...

I own 3 pair of Oxtar/TCX Gore-tex Boots...

1st pair is 10 years old and around 100,000 miles on them... I THOUGHT,,, 5 years ago they were about to wear out,,, :rolleyes: and bought,,,

2nd pair is 5 years old,,, and 20,000 miles on them... I crashed in them and was concerned they may not be 111% waterproof,,, which,,, they are,,, so,,, I bought,,,

3rd pair is 4 years old and has 60,000 miles on them...

Yeah,,, I like these boots... On my travels I take these,,, and a pair of sandals... That is all ya need,,, these are that comfy... :bow1:

Number one priority for me is safety so I tend to prefer the road racing or sport type boots. I once crashed on an off ramp and slid a long way on the right side of the bike with my right foot trapped underneath. The thick plastic ankle armor of road racing type boot I was wearing (Gaerne) was worn about 3/4 through. I shudder to think of the outcome had there been nothing but leather there, even heavy leather.

On the trade-offs, downside is that you can rarely, if at all, find this type of boot with any water proof claims. I have been in some heavy, through brief downpours without my feet getting wet though.

"Yeah,,, I like these boots... On my travels I take these,,, and a pair of sandals... "

Well Dayum, I do the same thing (mine are Rainbow flip flops though since easier to pack). Does that mean great minds think alike or weird minds think alike? ;)

JDP

I'm wearing Bass Pro's Iron Horse Motorcycle boots. All leather uppers, waterproof lining that hasn't leaked a drop, easy on/off zippered upper located on the inside of the leg where it belongs, comfortable all day walking orthotic footbed. Only glitch I've had is the orthotic's cloth top came loose and was discarded. I wear them year round, they're a little warm in the summer, but so is everything else here in Florida. Cost is $99 / pair. Unfortunately they come in brown only. At my price range the only competitor I've seen is Tourmaster's Solution.

"Yeah,,, I like these boots... On my travels I take these,,, and a pair of sandals... "

Well Dayum, I do the same thing (mine are Rainbow flip flops though since easier to pack). Does that mean great minds think alike or weird minds think alike? ;)

JDP

If I am following in your footsteps,,, I am on the right path... :D

Back
Top Bottom