What CB antenna do you like?

STOC #
If you've happened across my thread re: the issues i've had w/ my firestik NGP antenna you'll understand that i'm considering something else. Please let me know what you're using and why u chose it.

Thx.

Marty

After ditching my Firestik NGP, I went with a Wilson fiberglass whip antenna. I think it's call the "Silver Load" or something like that. The whip is black and 3' long. I chose it because it was modest in size, sturdy and has a tuneable tip. For mounting, I have a Wilson gumdrop mount.

-SR-

Firestik Firefly 3'.

Firestik has a good rep.

Lots are out riding in the good weather, search and ye shall..........

Last edited:
I don't like any of them. FRS is the way to go for bike to bike communications.

Ray
smile04Bikerwheelie.gif

I tried the firestick multiple ways. Never had any luck with it. I ended up installing the antenna that J&M sells for cruisers. Tossed the bracket, used the bracket I made for the ST, voila! Works like a champ! I was suprised how low I got the SWR.

Fred D said:
Since I don't run a topbox, Earache made a mount for me thusly:

Thanks Guys.

I got a Firestick DS14-NGP (http://www.claysradioshop.com/citizensband_firestick_ds14fg.htm) and I occasionally run without the top box, so I am looking for a mounting position that would not be affected when I remove the top box. Right now, I have a firestick hanging off the mounting braket under the top box.

Anyone have experience with the DS-14?

mhscriven said:
Did you have to do anything special to get it to work right?

Thx.

Welded a small piece of metal to my Stealth backrest and drilled a hole.
Mounted it all up and checked the SWR got it down to around 1.2 -1.3.
Hooked up the ground wire on the antenna and it dropped to 1.1 or less all the way around.
Here is a picture.
1834241farkles11.jpg

1834237farkles6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom