What does a Caulky tire mean?

Was told Rear was Chaulky, I know tires from the aspect of Semis never heard this before?
Please explain if you have any ideas?
Is this new age, milineal speak for the compound drying out?

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
Here's what I found:
The “Chalk” method easily indicates if your tire's tread has too much of an arc ... need to do this test on both the front and rear tires to find the proper inflation as they may not be the same.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Caulk is the semi-solid, elasticy-rubbery stuff used for plugging tyres. The tyre may be full of goo, or that sealant material in tyre inflation kits. It can accumulate unevenly and cause balance issues.

Was told Rear was Chaulky, I know tires from the aspect of Semis never heard this before?
Please explain if you have any ideas?
Is this new age, milineal speak for the compound drying out?
If someone told you this , and you weren't sure what it meant, why not ask them ? Heck, their definition might be different than what others think it is ...

Bike
2010 ST1300
I know this is an old thread, but I think I know what this is. He probably called the tire "choppy". ie. tread unevenly worn. Which, from what I gather most or all bike tires do. I work in cars, and any car with the feathered, choppy wear on a motorcycle tire would be an indication of something loose or worn in the suspension. Not so much with bikes because they put a side load on the tread block in corners, causing that wear pattern. HTH

-quote-
a portion of the chemicals used to make tires will break down during the their lifespan – it’s a natural process, fueled by chemistry and exposure – and it causes a grey/brown chalky film to appear on a tire’s surface.
-end quote-

Last edited:
Top Bottom