Where is best to mount Quad-Lock?

Bike
2008 ST1300a
I am getting a quad-lock - looking for advice on where is best to mount it. I'm leaning to brake reservoir, but is that where most folks are finding best success with that?

Would like to hear your advise.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
Hi GhenghisKen, not sure what you’re riding but on my ST1100, since I removed the handlebar cover, it was easiest to mount mine dead centre above the steering head nut.

This put my Kyocera android phone/GPS dead centre, and just below my line of sight.

Bike
2014 ST1300
I originally had mine there as well on my 1300 but then installed a dash under the windshield and have now mounted it there so it's the right but in my line of sight if I look over.

Bike
2010 ST1300
My first reaction was, @Willsmotorcycle has it right. On second thought, however, what will be the purpose of having your phone right there? If you will use it for navigation, then by all means, locate it where you can see it w/o moving your head. If you are using it as a phone or music, then I would put it slightly out of my line of sight so it is not a distraction.

OP
OP
GhenghisKen
Bike
2008 ST1300a
My first reaction was, @Willsmotorcycle has it right. On second thought, however, what will be the purpose of having your phone right there? If you will use it for navigation, then by all means, locate it where you can see it w/o moving your head. If you are using it as a phone or music, then I would put it slightly out of my line of sight so it is not a distraction.
Navigation primarily, phone second....

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I think one thing to keep in mind is that the closer you place the screen to your eyes the longer it will take for your eyes to focus on it, unless you are much younger than the average rider.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Presbyopia is a drag but I have progressive lenses for that.
I am one of those people that takes their glasses off to read the fine print, focusing up close is no problem it is just not as fast as it was 20 years ago switching between close and distant focus. I have progressive bifocal glasses as well.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I am one of those people that takes their glasses off to read the fine print, focusing up close is no problem it is just not as fast as it was 20 years ago switching between close and distant focus.
I'm the opposite. I can not focus closely. I need 1.5- to 2.0-magification OTC reading glasses to read small print like magazines or newspaper crossword puzzles, or to work on something I must be close to.

Top Bottom