Where's Woodstock

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
For those of you just joining us, @catcher put together a great Stoc event that was marketed by the marvelous meme maker, our own comedic Canadian compadre @Obo, found here. https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/woodstoc-aug-17-20-2023-woodstock-nb.183891/

My pal Snoopy, heard his friend Woodstock was going to Woodstock, but he couldn't remember which Woodstock, he asked me to help. Of course I would go to find Woodstock at Woodstock, who wouldn't.
IMG_5108.jpeg

2:22 Saturday morning we head out in search of Woodstock at Woodstock, our first stop is NY. It's in the mid 60s, overcast.
IMG_5050.jpeg

We thought for sure the playhouse, no, off to ask for directions.
IMG_5053.jpeg

We head off to VT just a few miles away, we have covered 150 miles so far. A bit of Tag while we are out.

IMG_5055.jpeg

The rain has started and rumors of it staying may prove correct.
Vermont
IMG_5057.jpeg

No luck here either, where could that yellow bird be? Quaint little town and we are getting to grab and drop some tags, and it is dry.

IMG_5058.jpegIMG_5059.jpeg

A little roadside art.
IMG_5060.jpeg
We are checking the bridges to see if he is taking a nap.
IMG_5061.jpeg

New Hampshire and no new luck.
IMG_5064.jpeg

Stopping for directions, they reckoned calling. We have traveled a total 400 miles so far.
IMG_5065.jpegIMG_5066.jpeg

No one answers, and as we went through Maine we saw why, The town is on the map, but not in real life. So on to Canada.

IMG_5067.jpeg

We have travelled about 700 miles, its 4:44 in the afternoon and the sky let out a fury. we got off the interstate for fuel and a reprieve. Next stop WoodSToc! We are both hoping we find him there, we know he is having a good time if he is.

At last at last, there was laughing and crying and playing and all were happy in the world. What a great ride it has been and the joy of the reunion was more than I deserve. I did manage to let the old girl take a nap when we got there, just for a minute though, wish I had a picture. Thanks for coming along.IMG_5068.jpeg

Last edited:

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Snoopy, Woodstock and STella at WoodSToc.

Quite the adventure, and one long day for you dog gone it! (Almost 24 hours from the time you left until we all got back to the hotel from Blaine's place at midnight.)

Sorry I wasn't there to help you & Uncle Phil get your bike upright again and that the tip over bar straightens back out without issue.

1692725722230.png

We may have not of had a lot of time, but I hope you enjoyed it and our quick chats!

BTW I asked my dad once if he could describe a solar eclipse to me. He said "No son."

Obo.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
It looks like you had a good ride. Nice pictures! I didn't know there was so much woodstock out there.

p.s. you left the g out of bridges.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Snoopy, Woodstock and STella at WoodSToc.

Quite the adventure, and one long day for you dog gone it! (Almost 24 hours from the time you left until we all got back to the hotel from Blaine's place at midnight.)

Sorry I wasn't there to help you & Uncle Phil get your bike upright again and that the tip over bar straightens back out without issue.

1692725722230.png

We may have not of had a lot of time, but I hope you enjoyed it and our quick chats!

BTW I asked my dad once if he could describe a solar eclipse to me. He said "No son."

Obo.
It was a pleasure to meet you and and follow the meme map. Two recurring themes, Buffalo buffalo buffalo and Woodstock Woodstock WoodSToc. I'll be back up that way next year for PEI and such.

Reactions: Obo
Top Bottom