Which headsets for my Chatterbox?

At the begining of the season I bought a HJC Chatterbox Tandem Pro 50, along with the full face headsets. This is the tandem, rider to passenger unit. Simply put, the headsets are straight garbage,....tons of noise, tinny sounding speakers that rattle. I like the unit itself but the headsets have to go.

The headsets have male six pin connectors, (the unit has female six pin obviously). Is this a standard set-up or will I have to find something made specifically for the HJC?? I'm also wondering if I should go with some kind of noise canceling headsets. Are they worth the extra dough?

Any help or recomendations would be appreciated.

OP
OP
GOPHER
Michael, it sounds like you've already been through this ordeal. I can't believe how bad these headsets are. They're like something out of a cheap childs toy.

I contacted Chatterbox complaining about how poor the quality was and the reply I got was: "Good luck finding better for this price". They basically implied that, because they were inexpensive, I couldn't complain. Not even an apology or an offer of sympathy..........pathetic.

Littlejohn64

3 Wheel ST'r
Bike
CanAm Spyder
At the begining of the season I bought a HJC Chatterbox Tandem Pro 50, along with the full face headsets. This is the tandem, rider to passenger unit. Simply put, the headsets are straight garbage,....tons of noise, tinny sounding speakers that rattle. I like the unit itself but the headsets have to go.

The headsets have male six pin connectors, (the unit has female six pin obviously). Is this a standard set-up or will I have to find something made specifically for the HJC?? I'm also wondering if I should go with some kind of noise canceling headsets. Are they worth the extra dough?

Any help or recomendations would be appreciated.
Dont know if he has what you need, or even in the right price range, but I know alot of wingers swear by "Edsets" http://www.edsets.com/index.php
If you dont find what you need on the website, call him, Ive heard he is GREAT to work with, and has done alot of custom stuff for people.

OP
OP
GOPHER
Dont know if he has what you need, or even in the right price range, but I know alot of wingers swear by "Edsets" http://www.edsets.com/index.php
If you dont find what you need on the website, call him, Ive heard he is GREAT to work with, and has done alot of custom stuff for people.
Thanks for the link. I've never heard of them before and the prices are a bit high but if those picky 'Wingers approve :) , they must be pretty decent. I'll probably have to just give them a call, I can't make much out of the website. Looks like they have all kinds of custom adapters.

OP
OP
GOPHER
The Chatterbox is almost useless above 40 mph. We have one and the only thing I can suggest is getting the open face or 3/4 face helmet mic set. The mic's are on booms and you can push them up against your mouth so that it reduces the windnoise. That's how a friend of mine uses his and he seems to be satisfied with it.

The noise cancelling cables don't help, the mic's suck, they aren't waterproof, the batteries have a short life when using the radio, and the mounting options suck. The biggest waste of $300.
I don't hate the unit quite as much as you seem to but I do feel your pain. It seems like prices on some things is going up and quality is going down. I actually had the original tandem Chatterbox unit that used watch batteries for about 8 years. It only recently gave up the ghost which made me go to the new unit. I think the old one was better (and cheaper).

Top Bottom