Which is the best position for the cruise controls

STOC #
I am waiting for my Audiovox CCS-100 to arrive and am wondering which is the best side to mount the control. Left or right. I have my J&M on the clutch side. Also - to fit the vacuum canister or not? so far there does not seem to be any clear reason for or against.

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
trueblu said:
I am waiting for my Audiovox CCS-100 to arrive and am wondering which is the best side to mount the control. Left or right. I have my J&M on the clutch side. Also - to fit the vacuum canister or not? so far there does not seem to be any clear reason for or against.
Mine arrived today complete with the vac canister from Murphkits.com
I am pretty sure I am going to mount the controls on the left side using a bracket attached to the clutch clamp bolt similar to the one Kennedy is using. The vac canister is not very big and it will be easy to find a place for it.
I think using the canister will provide a steady vacuum source and should help to smooth out the CC operation. Hope to get it installed over the winter.
Chris

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm not sure I've seen an electronic cruise on the right side so I would go with the left. That way you set your speed with your throttle hand while you press the set button with you left.

Curt

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
trueblu said:
Is the control switch weather proof enough for use on the Bike. I guess it must be or it would fail on the first wet ride!
I was wondering the same thing as it is designed for cages.
I do remember reading somewhere on one of the threads that the controller had to be sealed at the seam and at the rear where the wires exit with some silicone.
Chris

montyshaw

MonSTer
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
trueblu - Yes you can get to the starter switch. The control does not really hang down that far. And you can get the tank up (just barely if the tank is ALL the way back).

As far a weather proof, the control is not water proof at all as it comes in the kit. You need to seal it with silicone goop. And don't forget to seal the front (take the unit apart and silicone the rubber switch mat to the front so water can't get in around the switches) as well as the back (where the wires are) and the seams. But it can't be the normal home depot stuff. You have to use stuff that doesn't have the acetic acid (vinegar) in it, or it will eat up the electronics in the control. I used Dow 832 from McMaster-Carr Mine has survived rain just fine after sealing it up.

]Monty[

Last edited:
Top Bottom