whine noise

STOC #
Hello, everyone I'm a new member and I just picked up my 2005 st yesterday.
The bike is a joy to ride. I have been a proud owner of a v 65 sabre for 20 years and finaly chose to up date to a new bike. In my first day of riding I have noticed that my st1300 has a noticable whine to it. It is noticable at all engine speeds. Is this normal? Or should I go back to the dealer and complain about the whine of the bike.
thanks, John

Burger

mmmm hamburgers...
Bike
BMW K1600GT SE
STOC #
Hi Hoogan,

The whine is perfectly normal and one of the 'attributes' of the ST1300. Over time you'll grow to like it and will also hear the other noises underneath the it. Hope you enjoy you new bike as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Regards,

Rider

V-4 Fan
hoogan24 said:
The bike is a joy to ride. I have been a proud owner of a v 65 sabre for 20 years and finaly chose to up date to a new bike. In my first day of riding I have noticed that my st1300 has a noticable whine to it. It is noticable at all engine speeds. Is this normal? Or should I go back to the dealer and complain about the whine of the bike.
thanks, John
Oh, stop your whining! :spank1:

And, yes, it's normal. Don't worry about it. Just ride it. :D

STOC #
As said before, it is normal on thses bikes, the only real issue I have with the ST. I did find that switching oil to mobil gold cap helped it a very small amount, but helped the bioke to shift better as well. Some people don't mind the whine, it is as irritating to me as fingernails on a chaulkboard, but I still love the bike despite this flaw in design. You have a great bike there, put in some earplugs and enjoy it :D

George

STOC #
You just need to twist the wrist a bit more and that whine turns into a Growl above 4,000rpm. It's GRRRRRREAT! (in your best Tony the Tiger voice) I love the sound this bike makes from 4,000 - 6,000RPM. Guess that's why my gas mileage sucks most of the time. :rolleyes:

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
hoogan24 said:
In my first day of riding I have noticed that my st1300 has a noticable whine to it. It is noticable at all engine speeds. Is this normal? Or should I go back to the dealer and complain about the whine of the bike.
thanks, John
The whine is only more pronuonced because the rest of the bike is so quiet and smooth. You got to love the stealth attributes of this machine.
You have a great bike and you have joined a great site.
Enjoy and ride safe
Chris :03biker:

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
STeve1300 said:
Hi Tor - either your link does not work, or your bike is way quieter than mine.
copy and paste the link into a new browser window, Steve,,

Top Bottom