Who will I get to mount my car tire?

Depending on wear on my Pirelli Angel ST pulling a trailer and being 2 up, I might go darkside with my next change over. My concern/issue is who do you get to mount your tire onto the rim? I don't know if the mechanic I go to would do it and don't know anyone else in Regina Sask that would do it.
Can someone that mounts m/c tires also mount car tires onto m/c rims?
Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Take a look at the tire mounting services section of this site. There may be someone in your area willing. I did mine myself. They are not easy to mount but possible.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
Mellow did mine on his tire machine. It was really pretty easy.

Offer extended for you to come on down to Texas. Come on down! We'll fix you up here too.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Go to a cage tire shop. I use a cage tire machine when I do mine, and it works great. A smaller shop might ask less questions than a larger chain. If you bring the wheel (off the bike) to them, if all else fails, tell them you have a sidecar so the bike doesn't lean, or tell them its for a trike.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Go to a cage tire shop. I use a cage tire machine when I do mine, and it works great. A smaller shop might ask less questions than a larger chain. If you bring the wheel (off the bike) to them, if all else fails, tell them you have a sidecar so the bike doesn't lean, or tell them its for a trike.
I bought my CT from a small local car tire shop but mounted it myself. I didn't get it to bead so took it down to them because they have a heavier compressor then I do at home. Guy thought I was a nut mounting it myself. He asks, "Why didn't you just bring down the old tire/ rim? We would have stripped and mounted it up included in the price of the tire!" Didn't even ask me what it was for. Also they couldn't have dinged up the rim any worse than I did. I did a job on it! I thought it was a bear to mount up myself, but I got 'er done.

OP
OP
Thanks everyone for your advice and offers to help. Texas and Mississippi are both quite a drive from Saskatchewan. Years ago I travelled through both of these states and they are wonderful. Actually lived in San Antonio for 3 months. Beautiful scenery and very friendly people. Not too sure of the nasty bugs and poisonous snakes/spiders though.

Top Bottom