Who's had both Avon Storms, and PR2's?

Bike
ST1300
I'm going to replace my tires and I'm deciding between the two, has any one had both the Avon Storms and the PR2's? opinoions?

I've always preferred Michelin's on my other bikes, never cared for the Bridgestones, they always seem to cup worse than the other brands I've used on my Blackbird and Hayabusa I had so their out. Oh and my son has Dunlops D220's on is St, and there terrible.

I found a shop who says they have a set of PR2's available for the St , I guess they've been hard to find? SW moto doesn't have the fronts, but if I go with the Avons I will use SWmoto.

Kelly Cox

SilverSTreak II
Sorry, haven't had the PR2's, but did just mount the Avon Storms. I love them; they make the bike handle better on turns and they're done away with the slight pull to the right that I had. Wish I could help you compare, but at least you've got some feedback about one of them. The Storms seem to make the transition into a turn much more immediate....don't know quite how to say it. And, although just a "thing" with me, I do like the way they look.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
+1 on the Avons. Sorry, haven't tried the PRs 'cause I like the Avons so much!
:D

tdeboeser

that's not me!
STOC #
I'm being lazy ( I know I should search ).... what kinda of mileage do Avon's see?

The PR1's I had lasted me to ~12k.

Thanks,

Tom de

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
+1 on the Avons.
I am on my second rear and got about 9000 out of my first avon rear. I only got 7500 miles on the oem tire.

dparker182

Doug Parker
I had the PR2's put on a couple of tousand miles ago. They are more expensive & I am hoping they last longer. So far I like them & they handle well. When I have to replace these I will report back on the forum about the mileage.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
I got 10K on my last set of Avons. Probably could have gotten a couple thousand more out (they weren't actually at the wear-bars) but was getting ready for a trip.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just finally changed my first front PR2 out today along with my second PR2 rear. 18K on the front, 6K and scalloping on the first PR2 rear, 12K on the 2nd PR2 rear. I added 2 pounds pressure to the 2nd PR2 rear - no scalloping and better wear. Both tires just short of the treadwear indicators, maybe 1K left.

Note, mileage was mostly highway (maybe 40% Interstate), not much aggressive twisty running.

FWIW. :)

STOC #
I've got about 8K on my 1st set of Storms. Front still looks great. No cupping. Rear isn't bad. I think I'll get 10 to 12 out it. Time will tell.

Rick

Top Bottom