Who's taken the Englishtown Ferry NS

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I'm working on a route from the Cabot trail to North Sydney Ferry terminal. One of the ways is taking hwy 30 to Englishtown. There's a 24 hour on demand ferry that operates that crosses the Bay. They mention cars and bicycles are welcome. They don't allow ATV's unless they're on a truck or trailer. Motorcycles are not mentioned.
When I was there 5 years ago the ferry wasn't operational, so I'm just curious if anyone here has had experience taking this route.
Thanks

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
When we took it about 5 years ago,,, it was a great experience,,, because as we came over from the Sydney direction,,, we were early and the first to load. I followed the loadmasters instructions,, and put the bike on the side stand and in gear (pretty standard stuff). A blue 4x4 parked right behind us,,, and a big guy with a concerned look on his face jumped out and hurried towards us. The he shouted to the loadmaster "no, no,,, their money is no good here". I was startled,,, as he continued to explain that we were guests visiting "the Rock", and he insisted on paying our fare !! He had seen our Ontario plates, and wanted to be sure we enjoyed our visit. We only had a day,, to run the Cabot ccw,,, and get back to Halifax. But we encountered the same fine hospitality at every stop. Be sure to get yourself a Dancing Moose long sleeve tee,, if you go the same way we did. Any other questions,,, just ask away,,, and enjoy your ride, Kiltman !!

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
We went on the Englishtown Ferry in 2012, it isn’t much of a ferry ride you can almost spit across the crossing. If I remember correctly it pulls across on a cable.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A

and for NS road conditions

I know that 2 weeks ago highway 104 just beyond Amherst was being stripped for about 10km heading into Nova Scotia. The grooved pavement will slow a bike down. It's construction season.

And for your NB routes:

Yes there is a LOT or road work between truo and the capebreton causeway. Drivable but lots of flagmen

Top Bottom