Will 200/55-17 ME888 fit the ST1300?

Bike
R1200rt
The car tire that Darksides use is a 205. Some had to modify the swing arm slightly. The ME is a very hard tire.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I think you could squeeze it in there. But should you ?? Imho,,, it is too wide for the wheel,,, good luck,,, CAt'
ps: My personal limit is 180

OP
OP
Jammin'John
So it's too heavy and too wide but people are running 205 car tires ? It's
It's an expensive brand new tire. I would lose a hundred bucks selling it. Dammit.
Metzeler ME888 Triple 8 Marathon Ultra Tires
The ME 888 or Triple 8 tires represent an ultra high mileage offering from Metzeler that couples long life with Metzeler's performance and handling. Expect the Metzeler ME888 Tire to be rolled out in a myriad of sizes for families of bikes over its lifespan.

Features:
  • The ME 888 Marathon Ultra Tires were developed in Germany for the roads of America
  • Specifically designed for custom touring bikes
  • Technology offering consistent performance throughout the tire's life
  • Outstanding high and low speed stability and smooth handling
  • Redesigned parabolic grooves for better water drainage
  • Deeper tread depth for vastly increased tire life
  • Available in a Wide White Wall (WWW)
  • Tubeless
  • 160/70 B 17 M/C 79V REINFTL
  • 170/60 R 17 M/C 78V REINFTL
  • 180/60 B 17 M/C 75V TL
JJ

OP
OP
Jammin'John
The narrow wheel will distort the tire's intended profile. Plus it is heavy and hard. I'd sell it or give it away and buy the right tire.
The wheel is too narrow and the swingarm also too narrow ? A car tire would not distort ?

JJ

PhotoDoctor

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton

You might try this chart and compare to some of the known darkside tires.

OP
OP
Jammin'John
Oh boy,this throws my idea out the window. This tire is also taller than stock ! Deal breaker on top of the aforementioned deal breakers
I'm short. Not gonna work. Boo Hoo.
I guess I gotta lose my shirt on this tire. Tire has 300 miles on it.
Thanks for chiming in guys.

JJ

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Tire has 300 miles on it.
Good call. This reminds me of the "brand new rear tire" I received on my bike,, because the PO picked up a flat in NC, just before delivering the bike. All he could get on the road trip was a very hard Dunlop Harley tire. Well this thing looked pretty,,, but had no grip at all,, especially cold. After the back end stepped out on me, going around a routine traffic circle,,, I changed my underpants and then shopped my first set of Pirelli's. I put that almost new Dunlop tire on my spares rack for a while,,, and then threw it away. I never regretted tossing it,,, cheers,,, CAt'

Top Bottom