wont start without choke

thank you all for the help, think i now have a clue to what to look out for, i have started with getting a new set of plugs and adding fuel treatment today, will move to next item tomorrow

thank you all for the help, think i now have a clue to what to look out for, i have started with getting a new set of plugs and adding fuel treatment today, will move to next item tomorrow
Let us know how the search goes.

somebody here who has used the fuel treatment successfully can probably give you a better idea of how long it takes to have any effect, but its going to be more than a day, unless you plan on riding a few hundred miles today.

somebody here who has used the fuel treatment successfully can probably give you a better idea of how long it takes to have any effect, but its going to be more than a day, unless you plan on riding a few hundred miles today.
yea a got that, i know that cant be just for a day

does not explain "wet" plugs on one side, wet means rich

My thinking is a minor leak that affects mixture with the throttles closed, once started the leak would become insignificant and then perhaps there's too much fuel with the choke on or the choke is on too long? I also forgot to ask which side showed the wet plugs. If it's the left bank it could just be because the bike leans that way on the side stand?
The observation of wet plugs and needing the choke more when cold are somewhat contradictory.

It's actu
My thinking is a minor leak that affects mixture with the throttles closed, once started the leak would become insignificant and then perhaps there's too much fuel with the choke on or the choke is on too long? I also forgot to ask which side showed the wet plugs. If it's the left bank it could just be because the bike leans that way on the side stand?
The observation of wet plugs and needing the choke more when cold are somewhat contradictory.
It's actually the right back,

It starts with the choke on, then that particular plug gets wts regularly, that's whenever the sound isn't coming, you notice you got a wet plug

decided to learn a lot from here, so far seem to getting closer with the informations gathered from here, did some physical assessment today and found something similar to the attached picture wich i believe is from the base of the curb ,mine seem worse, doing all with a local mechanic who doesn't seem to know a lot, i had to get info from here to to push to our current state.
vacuum fuel shutoff valve is leaking fuel into the cylinder through the vacuum line attached to #3 cylinder. Bypass the shutoff valve, clean and reinstall plug.
will check the valve too for any leakage.
I also found traces of oil at the side circled with red in an example picture shown below

Attachments

• Left.JPG
    Left.JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Eb163-2001-01-Honda-St1100-Engine-Assembly.jpg
    Eb163-2001-01-Honda-St1100-Engine-Assembly.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom