Woo hoo! New No Mar Tire Changer!

Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
Cross posted this on the fjrowners.com site, too, since I have both in my garage:

With our recent move to MS completed, my wife and I were able to get the garage setup today which meant getting the No Mar HD Classic mounted and ready for work.

IMG_20210705_165626.jpg

As you can see, my first "customers" are waiting:
IMG_20210705_165643.jpg

Now that things are where they as supposed to be, I can get going with brake/clutch fluid changes, oil changes, final drive fluid changes, and now: tire changes. ST's will be first for tires since the FJR is about 50% right now

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
The No-Mar is awesome.
I've had the pleasure of being invited to use some of my friends', and it spoilt me.

OP
OP
wczimmerman
Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
What type? Pics?
I have a Marc Parnes balancer that uses high precision bearings and 2 normal jack stands. Marc Parnes Tools

I also have the balancer that No Mar includes with their Ultimate Accessories Kit (No Mar Balancer )

I have used the Marc Parnes in the past with success but the No Mar is new to me (with the changer) so it will be interesting to compare the two.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I have a Marc Parnes balancer that uses high precision bearings and 2 normal jack stands. Marc Parnes Tools

I also have the balancer that No Mar includes with their Ultimate Accessories Kit (No Mar Balancer )

I have used the Marc Parnes in the past with success but the No Mar is new to me (with the changer) so it will be interesting to compare the two.
Good stuff! I was researching static balancers in the last few months because I modified a harbor freight type tire changer to now use a duck bill. Haven’t used it yet but after watching many videos, it seems to make the job much easier.
I now need a motorcycle tire attachment to change them also. Your set up looks real good!
Those Marc Parnes balancing bars are the best out there, as far as I can tell.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I've used the no mar classic tire changer and the balancer for years and all the parts are still holding up after what has to be close to 400+ tire changes I've done for myself and local riders.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Looking good!

I'm still space poor, so my MC garage area is still suffering! Also, I'm re-thinking the "MC Shed" idea right now. With this weather, a shed could freeze me to death, get too hot during the 90F+ weather we are seeing now, or just totally blow away (or at least, parts of it) with some of the 70 to 90 mph winds we have here!

So I'm thinking to just get a "storage" area for some of this garage overload, and use my fourth car garage, for my motorcycle working area. That of course would include my No-Mar, I picked up a couple of months ago! :cool:

Top Bottom