Yamaha FJR tires?

Bike
suzuki bandit
i haven't been on in awhile so a little background catch up. my dad Toaksy had an accident with his 1300 ST and got a 2015 yamaha FJR 1300. he past away about 5 years ago now and I inherited his bike. i love the bike and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime so for several reasons the biggest being its still dads bike. I am in need of tires and haven't looked for bike tires in more than 5 years. any advice would be welcomed. looking for a good tire for a good price. to replace what is on the bike I am looking at 170$ for the front and 220$ for the rear and thats just the tires. thank you in advance.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Did you look at the brand and size on the bike now? That's where I would start, checking mfr's websites for upgrades or later models of the same tire. I also double check the owner's manual to verify the tire size is what is recommended. Then I'd look for prices. I've had excellent customer service from Revzilla, and they will price match if you find a lower price advertised. You can also look in the Forums >Technical > Tires, Wheels >the brand of your choice for reviews

Bike
2000 ST1100
Probably get more info on a FJR owners site. But I know there are a few FJR owners here that would know also. Those prices look good to me. I think I paid $165.00 for my front tire and 75 bucks to mount it. My rears were 195.00 and 75 to mount. These are the old bias tires. Your bike should have radials.

Bike
st1300 vfr800
I use the bridgestones T32 I think around $400 canuck dollars a set ,wear well and stick well . Fjr uses a popular size that is common to a lot of sportbikes .

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Tires preferences are kind of like what oil to use . . . :scared2:
I've tried many tire brands over the past 15 years on 3 ST1300s and 2 FJRs. They all ran well on dry roads, but I feel safest on wet roads with Michelin Pilot Roads and now just stick with them. I have PR4s on my FJR currently and PR5s (1 front and 2 rears in the garage).

Enjoy your dad's bike, it's a good one. :)

Shuey

Tire, Front: 120/70 ZR17 (58W)
Tire, Rear: 180/55 ZR17 (73W)

finleysw

R.I.P. - 2024/03/29
Rest In Peace
Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
I like the Shinko 009 Raven Tires they seem to have good grip both in the dry and wet. They are wearing very well for me. About the cheapest available in my area. I see Revzilla have them on Memorial day special for USD $128 Rear and $95 Front.
Stuart

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm on an FJR. I just mounted up some Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT, front and back, I think I was $276 shipped from Rocky Mountain. I have also used Pirelli Angel GT A-Spec Tires. I haven't used them, but I would be afraid to jump on a set of Michelin Road 5 GT's, they are popular on the FJR Forum.

I would definately stay with GT or A-Spec tire made for the heavy tourers. I would not go any wider than stock in the rear. Many have said handling goes a little wonky with a 190.

If you run those tires through some online shops, you'll get a feel for current pricing. I usually buy the least expensive of the 3 from whoever has the best deal. You can check out: Chapmoto.com, RockyMountainATVMC.com, Cycle Gear/Revzilla, and Amazon. I hear concerning news from Bike Bandit and I'm not sure I would order anything from them currently.

Enjoy...

Bike
VStrom 650
Keep it simple.....:rofl1:
Go on the Bridgestone Motorcycle site.
Search on your bike and fit the best they recommend, I'm guessing it will be T32's or T32 GT's.
If only all life was that simple.
Upt'North.

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Had two sets of Pirelli Angel GT 2s and love them. Would go back to them tomorrow but have a set of Angel GTs I need to wear out. Had the Dunlops and when they go, they go. Good price though. Like Shuey said, each has their own taste with tires and will get all sorts of suggestions. Shop and go with what you want! Enjoy the bike, have put 52,000 on mine, they are a bunch of fun and mine is a 2015 also. Good luck and unfortunately with tires, like everything, they are going up. Get a tire with good grip and wear and then WEAR THEM OUT! Have fun.

OP
OP
joaks
Bike
suzuki bandit
i know they are the older version but has anyone use the dunlop roadsmart 3's? i found a set of those on revzilla for 250$total and kinda liking them. if i could afford it i would go with the battleax's that are on it or the michelin road 5's but can't quite afford that.

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
If you're buying older tires, just be aware of the date they were manufactured.

TireDate.JPG

Bike
2008 ST1300
I like the T31gts and T32gts. My father has run Roadsmarts and the Metzler st tires on his Versys 1000 and they ride well, but seem to wear out the back quicker than the Bridgestones.

I once ran the Shinko Ravens on a fairly fast (I would say 125hp) Bandit 1200, and never had a traction issue that caused a slide or a skid, but didn't really get any feel or feedback, and never really trusted them. Might have been all in my head though. The front was horrible on grooved steel deck bridges. I remember that they wore pretty well too.

Top Bottom