Yamaha XD 1200 Super Tenere coming to Canada

STOC #
I have been looking for a lighter bike so the Super Tenere is going to make me a former ST1300 owner come next May. I am sure that I will miss the ST but I really do not need a 730 lb bike to ride solo.

STOC #
This might be the indicator off the web site that it's coming to the US...

Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements.

mitch

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Uhh, not even a honorable mention. 4.th place. yeyyyyyyy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTnSt94CmA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTnSt94CmA

jdpfms

JD Power
Bike
ST1300A&FJR1300
I don't read or watch the British magazines or their version of MCN, but I've been told that they tend to play up all European brands (especially all things Triumph) and typically downgrade all things Japanese. If that is true, I would prefer to get riders impressions and not most magazine editors opinions. But that is just me.

JDP

STOC #
Some neat things from the Yamaha info:

Suspension (Front) Fully adj. inverted 43mm fork / 190mm (7.5") travel
Adjustments include 8-way spring preload, 10-way rebound and 13-way compression damping. Front wheel travel is 190mm (7.5"). This adjustable design allows the rider to tailor suspension settings to match rider weight, load and terrain conditions.

no screwing around with changing preload spacers to make the suspension work for you..

Newly designed 270 degree crankshaft with uneven firing order (270 & 450 degrees) is used for superior traction and throttle control. This crank design and firing order reduces the "inertial torque" providing a more linear throttle response and improved rear wheel traction. The rider feels like he / she is connected directly to the rear wheel.

Hopefully no snatchy throttle, no need for a FCE, Hi pressure fuel regulator, g2 throttle tube to get smooth throttle response..

Six gallon tank...

mitch

Top Bottom