Yes, another water leak question

My son just bought a high milage, but well maintained 2004 ST1300. I found a water leak that appears to be coming from the seam between the water pump cover and the clutch cover. Does this sound like a normal water pump leak? Most leak threads I have read usually refer to water coming from the weep hole or inspection hole. Bike was sitting for abou 6 motnhs before we got it.

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
My son just bought a high milage, but well maintained 2004 ST1300. I found a water leak that appears to be coming from the seam between the water pump cover and the clutch cover. Does this sound like a normal water pump leak? Most leak threads I have read usually refer to water coming from the weep hole or inspection hole. Bike was sitting for abou 6 motnhs before we got it.
You asked this question back in November, and NOBODY answered you ? Not even one ? What the hay ? lol My 06 had the stat replaced over a year ago...Hmm Maybe two. Recently I spotted grime built up
below that same area you described. It appeared to me to be seeping from that lower radiator hose/clamp. So I cleaned that area well using the white foam "Engine Brite", dryed it off good, replaced the stock
clamp (narrow) with a wider one, and fired the bike up for a test look see. Just rearward of that hose a small hole spewed a coolant run, that dribbled down the edge of the clutch housing.
Now I'm searching threads to see what that means. ??? Sorry no one addressed your question. Did you get yours resolved ?

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
My son just bought a high milage, but well maintained 2004 ST1300. I found a water leak that appears to be coming from the seam between the water pump cover and the clutch cover. Does this sound like a normal water pump leak? Most leak threads I have read usually refer to water coming from the weep hole or inspection hole. Bike was sitting for about 6 months before we got it.
Take a close look, I bet it is coming from the Square Hole which means, most likely a hose clamp up top under the air box.

Top Bottom