Youtube Series on ST1300 Wilbers suspension replacement (front and rear)

Hé guys. I announced it before on this forum I think but my first part has been published on Youtube on my Wilbers suspension replacement for my ST 1300. I can't explain the difference allready now that the front is done. And the rear is yet to come! I will place a Nivomat there.

I document everything on my Youtube channel also so that people can do it theirself if they want. So perhaps you would like to check out the video and hear my thoughts.

Enjoy!

Here's the link to the vid.

Sidekick

Save Ukraine Stop War!
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Great video & nice people! I was looking for a link to the company website and didn't find it in your comments. Also could you put a link to the specific Wilbur springs used in the video for the ST1300? I would like to order them for my 2005 ST and it would helpful to get the right ones.
Waiting for the part 2...
Thank you!
Show less

OP
OP
Chiefpep
Great video & nice people! I was looking for a link to the company website and didn't find it in your comments. Also could you put a link to the specific Wilbur springs used in the video for the ST1300? I would like to order them for my 2005 ST and it would helpful to get the right ones.
Waiting for the part 2...
Thank you!
Show less

Just aswered you under the YouTube vid. Best is to send the e-mail and specifically refer to the same springs as in the video. Edgar will personally select them and send them to you (including discount). These are the newest low friction springs of Wilbers. They just came out!

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I installed a LDC Nivomat on my FJR last winter. It seemed like the perfect shock for my rally bike as I carry almost 5 extra gallons of gas on the rear of the bike, so my weight varies considerably. The shock does adjust like they say and keeps the same ride height whether I'm empty or have the saddlebags and fuel tank loaded/full. The only issue I have with my setup is that I run a car tire on the back, and it will rub the fender first thing if I hit a big bump within the first couple miles of riding before the shock "pumps" up to its normal ride height. With that in mind, I try to avoid bumps or big dips in the road when I first start out. It's weird being able to flat foot the bike in the morning and be on my toes at the first red light....LOL

OP
OP
Chiefpep
I installed a LDC Nivomat on my FJR last winter. It seemed like the perfect shock for my rally bike as I carry almost 5 extra gallons of gas on the rear of the bike, so my weight varies considerably. The shock does adjust like they say and keeps the same ride height whether I'm empty or have the saddlebags and fuel tank loaded/full. The only issue I have with my setup is that I run a car tire on the back, and it will rub the fender first thing if I hit a big bump within the first couple miles of riding before the shock "pumps" up to its normal ride height. With that in mind, I try to avoid bumps or big dips in the road when I first start out. It's weird being able to flat foot the bike in the morning and be on my toes at the first red light....LOL
Wow. Ok... That's a pretty specific issue I can imagine! A car tyre on the rear. Very interesting in cornering I can imagine! o_O

Top Bottom