I've install these Hot Grip

Bike
2k9 ST1300
Hi

Purchase those about 2 week ago and the arrived yesterday. Today there on the bike.

Techno Globe Gold 48w heated grip with the controller directly on the left grip with 5 heat level. There a bit more pricy than Oxford grip but in revenge they are 130mm long or exactly the same length of the original grip and no controller to install.

The diameter is bigger than the stock grip.

http://www.lequipement.fr/produit/poignees-chauffantes/tecno-globe/gold/photos

The heat output is good and fast

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Those are some nice looking kit! I wonder if there is a US distributor. Google be my friend!

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Very nice. I might be interested in these.
Are the grips very hard or do they have some cushioning to them?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Bike
2k9 ST1300

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The A'ME grips look interesting mostly because there available in the US without any hoops to jump through.

Some things that might be worth considering: the grips temperature are independently controlled. This apparently offers some flexibility in setting the temperature but needs to be done on each side. Like RaY said the size of the button could be a problem with gloves especially winter gloves. It looks like the manufacturer intends that these grips be wired to an "always on" source so the voltage sensor is really needed. I'd probably wire them to an "engine on" source the sensor that important. The processor remembers the setting with the juice off.

Pressing the button once raises the temp one step and give a visual confirmation on each grip by flashing a number of times corresponding to each setting. To lower the setting you have to raise it until it comes around again needed five presses for each grip to lower the temperature by one setting. I don't know if they're wired in series or parallel but I'd prefer the latter in case on grip dies.

There are also three cams that come with the grip so I don't know how closely one will match the ST's rate of increased throttle.

None of these are insurmountable but may be worth considering. Unless the length of the grips matches those of the ST I'm slightly inclined to get the Oxfords. I do like the integrated controller though.

Bike
All of them !
STOC #
i just installed heated grips that look exactly like Hondasarus' grips, they came from Koso North America, the model is Apollo. They were shipped from Canada, guick service, no problems, fit and work well.

OP
OP
Bike
2k9 ST1300
Finally, i had the chance to try them in real driving condition at 33 degre. Probally one of the best farkle for the confort...

The bigger grip is also more relaxing than the oem.

Top Bottom