New Model O.E.M Heated Grips from Honda for the ST1300!!

While looking for heated grips for my ST1300 I came across this ad from Toledo East Honda ( see pic ) that says some new model Honda's bikes have a heated grip set that will work on the ST1300. I have emails to Toledo East and my dealer in Canada asking if this is true. Sure looks like it though. I will update when more information when received.

M.

Attachments

OP
OP
K/W Motoman
While looking for heated grips for my ST1300 I came across this ad from Toledo East Honda ( see pic ) that says some new model Honda's bikes have a heated grip set that will work on the ST1300. I have emails to Toledo East and my dealer in Canada asking if this is true. Sure looks like it though. I will update when more information when received.

M.
O.K. First want to thank Brian at Toledo Honda for all his help.

Here is what he sent me:

According to the 2015 Honda accessory catalog, the part number for the heated grip kit is the same for the 2015 ST1300 and the 2015 CTX700.
The wiring kit required for installation of the grips is different between the models though. You would need to purchase part # 08T70-MCS-R60 to install the grip kit on a ST1300. If your ST1300 is an older model, you will need to contract our parts department regarding fitment of that particular kit on your bike.

Brian Newman
SERVICE DIRECTOR
Honda East Toledo / Indian of Toledo
419-891-1230 ext 30
419-891-1218 fax

In researching I think you also have to buy a sub-harness to make it a switched accessory and to not have to cut and splice.
I have my CDN dealer working on it right now and we shall see.
If you are interested check EBay for ST1300 heated grips and Toledo Honda has their ad there for the grips and it lists ST1300.

Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Looks like the actual grip kit is 08T71-MGS-A30.

But the bad news, for me at least, the right side includes the throttle tube. I like having the G2 tamer.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Looks like the actual grip kit is 08T71-MGS-A30.

But the bad news, for me at least, the right side includes the throttle tube. I like having the G2 tamer.
So with the G2 you have to use a different size grip??

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Why would the heated grips include a throttle tube unless it was somehow part and parcel of the kit? If so how is the new tube different than the one already on the bike?

Someone mentioned not being able to fit a heat-grip onto a G2. Is it a matter of damaging the heating element? Igofar used an air compressor to pop my BMW grips on to the bar and G2 easy peasy.

I thought Honda had the new style/manufacture heated grips out about a year ago. There was a pair advertised here. The first style had been discontinued for a bit and people had to go to third-parties for new grips.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've been using the Symtec heat elements on mine for the past three years. Working fine.
Good to hear/know! I want to add some Symtecs also. Did you put the right grid on the G2 or did you put something between them?

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Good to hear/know! I want to add some Symtecs also. Did you put the right grid on the G2 or did you put something between them?

I did do a double wrap of good (Scotch 88) electrical tape to try and keep some of the heat coming out before it all got sucked into the tube. Guess that would also help with preventing shorts and/or the knurling digging into to heating elements. Thin layer of white elmers glue to hold it all together.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
I researched heated grips last year and found several styles that had the throttle tube molded inside the right side grip. Also bought the Symtecs but never installed them (hated the switch). I ended up with grips from the STealer (in Waterloo Ontario) that fit over my G2 with a nice 5 position push button controller. I only paid about $75C. I see them listed on Amazon.com now. I wired them into the quartet and haven't had any trouble. I really like the large OD. Available in 3 handle bar sizes including 7/8"-1".
http://www.amazon.com/Koso-AM10703E-Levels-Heated-Grips/dp/B007GLVHG2

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I really like the large OD. Available in 3 handle bar sizes including 7/8"-1".
Did you get the 7/8"+7/8" or the 7/8"+1"? Usually when you order grips it's just by the size of the bars and the right grip is bigger anyway.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
These LINK have worked fine long enough to wear out the bmw grips I put over them.

BMW grips
Left: 32721458395 (Non Heated Grip, Left, Concentric Groves, Open End - 32721458395)
Right: 32721458396 (Non Heated Grip, Right, Concentric Groves, Open End - 32721458396)

Last edited:
Bike
06' ST
Hi all,
I just installed the "New OEM" Honda grips yesterday. They work fantastic, . . . So far anyway. I took them for a few mile trek around town, then a quick oil change and another 25 mile run. I feel as many have said here, the Honda grips have 3 settings; Hot, burn, and Skin melting.

It was 50 degrees here and I was traveling in access of 100 mph at times, only slightly above the posted limit of corse and on low, I felt that the temp was great. I was wearing a pair of warm weather gloves with mesh in between the fingers. Plenty warm enough.

The grips start off at 3 blinks when turned on, which is high, push and hold for a second or two and the light blinks twice, medium, push and hold again and the light blinks once, low heat is reached.

Here are the part numbers of what I purchased and installed.

08A30-MCS-100 Quartet harness
08T71-MGS-A30 Heated Grip
08T70-MCS-R60 Attachment kit

The install was pretty easy and straight forward. I used the quartet harness install write up found on this site, and also the write up on removing the bottom, middle and inner fairings using the links in the quartet harness write up by crazykc.
I followed the directions and only slightly modified as needed. Only adding more safety/ water proofing elements. Heat shrink and extra taping and dielectric grease of connections. I have seen these grips on other ST's, but never found out what grips they were.

Thanks to K/W Motoman Motoman for the info to get this started. Oh yeah, and any others that have posted all of the useful information in this AWESOME site. I have learned so much from creeping on all the info on this site. THANKS TO ALL!!!!

BTW, my local dealer matched the eBay price of the grips from that Toledo dealer. The harness' were cheaper than I could find them online. I got out of there with all three parts, a follow of oil and filter for $286.50. Not bad as far as I am concerned. I am sure that I could have installed some other grips or elements for a lot cheaper, but I needed New grips and I really like the built in on/off switch that is part of the left grip assembly.

I also installed my throttlemeister and it seems to work well, at least testing it in the garage. I didn't actually use it in real life riding.

Thanks again to ALL for all the info on this forum.

Ride safe,

Cameron

OP
OP
K/W Motoman

M.
Well the saga is winding down. The OEM grips have been installed and are working perfectly even hotter than expected.
The issue that appeared is the heated grips are 1/4 inch shorter then stock so when the end weight are reinstalled there is a 1/4 gap between the weight and the grip. If this bothers you like me there are various options to correct.
1. Take both bar weights out and reinstall with other bar end weights that will now snug upto the new grip.
2. Fill in the gap with a small piece of PVC pipe the cover with a piece of another rubber grip.
BUT
3. Of course I wanted a throttle lock. With the BreakAWay and the shortened grips it took up too much room. The Kaoko and Throttle Meister also cause a 1/4 gap to appear but a full grip was achieved. The Kaoko people in Africa and Twisted Throttle in the USA are aware and have a fix for the gap which are two small washers that take up the 1/4 space and allows the Kaoko to work perfectly.
The washers are #F6b and 200c. As for the Throttle Meister I do not know.
Hope this helps.

K/W Motoman - Waiting for the Snow to Stop!

Top Bottom