Pillion

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
I was considering fitting heated grips to the rear handles of my bike for my pillions comfort. i have searched the forums here but cannot seem to find anyone who has done this. I have read somewere that this was done but it may have been on the forum prior to it crashing.

I was going to install these and have listed a link to the appropriate web site.

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=3&action=dept&id=30&pid=175&p=

Please let me know of any concerns you may have with this install.

Thanks

OP
OP
Critters

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
That is completely correct however I thought the heated grips would be less distracting!!!

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Get a set of Warm Wraps from Aerostitch. You can run the harness right to the battery and leave the wire with the SAE connector under the pillion seat. When the pillion expects to get numb digits, pull out the Warm Wraps, wrap them around the passenger grab bars, and connect the wires. Instant warmth.

I had these Warm Wraps on an old bike and they crank out the heat. Mine came with a switch but it was a lame unit, like you find on a table lamp, very hard to work with wearing gloves. A trip to the hardware store and a couple bucks later I have a beefy switch that was easy to use.

One caveat: if you run these straight to the battery (which is easy) make sure your pillion turns them off when you get off the bike.

OP
OP
Critters

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
Get a set of Warm Wraps from Aerostitch. You can run the harness right to the battery and leave the wire with the SAE connector under the pillion seat. When the pillion expects to get numb digits, pull out the Warm Wraps, wrap them around the passenger grab bars, and connect the wires. Instant warmth.

I had these Warm Wraps on an old bike and they crank out the heat. Mine came with a switch but it was a lame unit, like you find on a table lamp, very hard to work with wearing gloves. A trip to the hardware store and a couple bucks later I have a beefy switch that was easy to use.

One caveat: if you run these straight to the battery (which is easy) make sure your pillion turns them off when you get off the bike.
Bones, yes, this is more or less the same item i was considering, the Oxford products type has a small toggle switch but are easily enough removed when they are not needed. Thanks everyone for all your inputs, even the funny ones.

Stay safe on the roads.

Top Bottom