Which heated clothing item is best? Jacket or jacket liner?

I just got the Gerbing G3 heated gloves and love them. I think now I will buy either a gerbing heated jacket or the gerbing heated jacket liner. Can anyone make a recommendation here? I guess the heated liner will work with all of my riding jackets, but i may not need but one jacket if I get the heated gerbing jacket. Any input would be helpful....

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
I just got the Gerbing G3 heated gloves and love them. I think now I will buy either a gerbing heated jacket or the gerbing heated jacket liner. Can anyone make a recommendation here? I guess the heated liner will work with all of my riding jackets, but i may not need but one jacket if I get the heated gerbing jacket. Any input would be helpful....
John:

I went with the jacket liner, worn under my regular jacket on cold days.

My rationale was that while I was sure that the jacket would be wonderfully warm in the winter, I was not so sure that it would be sufficiently cool in the summer. That meant that I would need two jackets instead of one for both seasons. Also, the Gerbing jacket does not seem to have shoulder, back, or elbow protective pads. Part of why I wear a jacket is the protection it provides.

Marshal

STOC #
I have gone through a dozen jackets since i bought my gerbing liner. I opt for liner. Works great with a mesh jacket down into the fourties for summer travel. and winter travel with any of my solid jackets.

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Get the liner, packs pretty small so you can have it just in case. My liner stays in my bike starting from the first week of August until the last week of July. Never know when its gonna get cold in these mountains. With the liner packed away you are ready for any weather. Heated grips and gloves round out the package. This year Im kinda hoping for the heated socks from Santa...:cool:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Go for the liner. Put it in a stuff sack (it packs down to very little) and carry it with you on trips. You'd be surprised how nice it can be to have heat on a long, rainy ride, let alone a cold day. Definitely get a liner with sleeves, which is much warmer than a vest.

Gerbings gear rocks! :headbang:

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
After many years with a liner I decided to try the jacket and pants. After freezing on a short run with the new gear, I sent it back to Gerbings and got a refund. Jacket liner no doubt about it. Whether it be Gerbings, Warmnsafe, or the other brand, the liner is bestest.

Putt

R.I.P. - 2009/05/29
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Full liner, not the vest.... It's amazing how much difference warm arms make..

Putt...

Top Bottom