Scout vs Schwannoma

I'm back! (kinda) I couldn't get the multi quote thing working, but see how I do from memory.

George - No superman undeees, but I had a Moonshine shirt nearby.
John - We can make Whitey's a RTE I would love to enjoy one in its native environment.
40amp upgrade - Lets hold off on that one. Appreciate the thoughts, but this procedure does have a financial side to it and I need to make to sure that is covered, and that I wil be able to ride, and well lots of other stuff.
Karen - Too bad so sad, but if I get rid of it, you will have the first call.
Coop - Your link wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but you did have me concerned.
Everyone - Thanks for your prayers and thoughts of support. I really do think it helped greatly. When I woke up and the doctor told me much better news than I was expecting my brothers, sisters, and even an Uncle on this forum came to mind. That is what inspired me to make my call to Steve a whole 5 minutes after being moved to the ICU.

Status -
Balance still an issue I can walk with minimal assistance (cane, nearby wall/furniture), but turning is difficult, steps are out of the question.
Hearing in the right ear is like what it was before, it may improve it may not, but I can still make out sounds, which is way above the pre-surgery prediction.
I have some numbness on the right side of my entire head. The facial muscles work, they are just numb to the touch, which right now may not be a bad thing since not feeling the incistion may be a good thing.
Headache a little worse than before, sensitive to light.
The brain stem needs to make its way back to its proper place, but that will take time and have to be on its own. They can't stick a finger in there and move it over.
For you medical photos folks, couldn't get a picture with my bandage and head drain, I couldn't bear the light on that would have been needed for the photo. Cut goes from my hairline on the right side about an inch above my ear, over my ear a couple slight curvers and then down behind my ear to my neck then across my neck almost to the center. My guess is the neurosurgeon seen an approach he didn't before and did a little more cutting.
Next milestone is staples and stitches removed on Sunday 9/4.

Again thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. A big special thanks for Steve for offering to keep everyone updated and representing you guys to me. He did a spectacular job on both accounts.

Yes, a few tears fell. Thanks to everyone.

Welcome back to the board Bob, SO glad it was a short break!

I forgot to mention, that I am home now recovering, just in case it could not be decyphered from my earlier post. We got home about 4pm.

Tim Keel - Thanks for all the text messages.

Bob, that is the BEST news that I've had in a long time. Hope the healing continues as the prayers are still coming your way.

That is just GREAT Bob, glad to hear your home. Seems like yesterday we were talking about this at YooperSTOC. Will continue keeping you and family in my thoughts. Bob

Unbelievable!:wave1:

Bob, I'm so relieved that you are doing so well! Seeing your post and detecting the humor in it lifts the spirits of all of us! We are all thanking God that you are doing so well! I'll continue to pray for you as you might have guessed and am looking forward to a future RTE or something along that line with you!!! Off to talk to the big guy about you!!!

Glad to hear you're home!
And all the rest (good and semi-good included!).

Take care of yourself!
Mark

Kind'a anti-climatic result, like the current hurricane.

And, that's a GOOD thing!!

Congrats, Bob. Hope to see ya soon, and on 2-wheels. :D

Kind'a anti-climatic result, like the current hurricane.

And, that's a GOOD thing!!

Congrats, Bob. Hope to see ya soon, and on 2-wheels. :D

Was going to add this in the first update and forgot. 4 days of rest and steriods and such really helped. My elbow feels great. :)

That's just a really good thing...and I'm REALLY glad your elbow feels better:)

You had any impulses to go past the nearest Kawi dealer????

I loved the bike and body position and admenities, but in the long straights we have here in Ilinois, I think I would get in trouble. Way too much power for my needs. However, it would be a consideration if I had to get rid of the 1100 and I would have to try and control the right hand.

You get an A for sharing your toys with your fellow classmates. :)

Really glad your up and around Bob.......... can you get outside? Maybe get a chair, rag, bottle of wax, rub the ST down? Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom