100K Mileage Award Request

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I have just finished putting on 100K miles on my 2001 ST1100. I bought the bike in 2009 with 11,298 miles and now show 111,307. With job retirement having kicked-in a couple of years ago, I have been fortunate enough to ride over 24K in each of the last 2 years.

Ray

Well let me be the first to congratulate you. It's not much but we have ridden together about 4 thousand of those miles.

I've never figured out how these mileage awards work. But this last post got me to thinking, I bought my 06 in Fall of 11 with 45K on it. The deer claimed it at 119k, so that's 74K on that bike. I picked up an 07 in Fall of 13 and have put 38 on it this year. So that's about 112K from Fall 11 to Fall 14. What do I win? :)

I've never figured out how these mileage awards work. But this last post got me to thinking, I bought my 06 in Fall of 11 with 45K on it. The deer claimed it at 119k, so that's 74K on that bike. I picked up an 07 in Fall of 13 and have put 38 on it this year. So that's about 112K from Fall 11 to Fall 14. What do I win? :)

Deer steaks!

Ron -

It was our extra riding after FL-STOC that did it. I hope to continue to share rides with you.

Ray

Well let me be the first to congratulate you. It's not much but we have ridden together about 4 thousand of those miles.

Congratulations!

I seem to have gotten it backwards. I too retired about 2 years ago but have hardly ridden at all in that time. Seems other projects keep getting in the way. When I was working I needed a form of decompression and riding seemed to work best for me. Hopefully the other projects will wind down soon and I can join you enjoying the back roads. :)

Wow! Nicely done. That's a lot of miles in a short period of time. No one is ever going to accuse you of letting grass grow under your feet.

John

Congrats Ray from a fellow (near by) Cincinnatian. 100K is a nice round number.

Been hard racking up miles the last 10 days here.

Top Bottom