INNOVV K2 Review

Very nice install Bob, congrats.
Looking forward to seeing some of the lane splitting videos.

They make dusk look really pretty. I can certainly see the need for lane splitting. I rode California and the rest of the west coast in '08 and did get stuck in bad traffic on the slab a few times. Not sure if it was legal back then. Now hauling a trailer, I won't be able to. The cameras really have you well covered if you end up in an incident. Here's hoping you never need them for that. Nice install.

Hi Bob-

Thanks for the review and the sample videos. They look good, though I noticed that license tags are not readable in the low light conditions. Still, it's good to have as much evidence as possible in the event of a dispute or if forensic analysis is required.

Two questions about your install:

1: both front and rear fields of view are significantly tilted. Does the mount enable you to rotate the cameras to correct for that? Or is it necessary to actually bend the bracket to get the image level?

2: on your front camera I noticed a small spacer (see photo). Did you add that yourself? I assume it required finding and using a longer screw than the stock item, to add the required length? What's the purpose of the spacer?

Yes, I added the Erector set type mount to the front. Just to get it below the headlight, and yes, I can turn (tilt) the cameras so they are more level, just haven't gotten to that yet. ;)

SupraSabre said:
yes, I can turn (tilt) the cameras so they are more level
The STBD side mount looks to have a track that allows for vertical adjustment. I'd assume the PORT side is the same.

The STBD side mount looks to have a track that allows for vertical adjustment. I'd assume the PORT side is the same.

The mounts they send you are really cheap, compared to their website, but the cameras just spin in their mounts, you just got to loosen them and tun the camera to the desired position.

I'm trying to understand what the INNOVV K2 provides that isn't in the Halocam M1. Even at $260 for the INNOVV, that's $80 more than the Halocam. At the full price of $338, that's almost $160 more...almost double. Yet the specs are the same, and I think the camera housing is a little nicer on the Halocam.

Just to be clear, I have no ties to the Halocam company other than being a satisfied customer.

Chris

SupraSabre said:
Yeah, I think I did pretty good for the $260 they gave me at the motorcycle show!
Given the odds of my getting to a SoCal motorcycle show and trying to wangle that price $269+tax would be doable for me.

Given the odds of my getting to a SoCal motorcycle show and trying to wangle that price $269+tax would be doable for me.

Isn't there a SF show up there? Not sure if they will show up or not....but it still costs you $15 just to get in...:rolleyes:

No show (lol) in NorCal anymore. It used to be in San Mateo but it hasn't been held there in a few years now. I did go to their Long Beach show to see the 2018 Wing/ST when it debuted.

And wandering around to see all the new/vintage/retro bikes and accessories itself is well worth the money. Maybe next year.

It put a little crick in my neck but it was an informative vid. I like the notching of the sheet metal and the split grommet. Very handy tip. It saves drilling into the Tup.

It put a little crick in my neck but it was an informative vid. I like the notching of the sheet metal and the split grommet. Very handy tip. It saves drilling into the Tup.

I didn't watch the video before posting. One of my coworkers asked about the camera today so I him the video. I think I should try again :)

Just received a K2 from my loving family for my Bday! Got it working well on the bench, and the quality of its build and video is impressive! Can't compare to the M1 which might be better for the price, but not going to look a gifthorse in the mouth! lol

Install question: Looks like you guys are putting the DVR's under the rear seat, but my first instinct was in the right side pocket. Pros to this are easy to get to card and see at a glance if all is well; cons could be HEAT and a tougher install. Thoughts or regrets?

There's a lot of talk on the Innovv forum about the parking mode feature of the K2 draining a bike battery in 2 days. Looks like the low voltage shutdown is low enough that a big engine (small battery) won't crank. Looking into the drop down diode for this after some testing.

I never used the parking mode on my K1. Also, mine is not wired directly to the battery, but to an extra switched circuit I added, so it is isolated from the battery when the bike is powered off.

Dang it! I meant to look for an Innovv presence at the DC moto show last weekend and clean forgot. Was hoping to repeat SupraSaber's experience of coaxing a price discount out of them. Oh well, too late now.

Install question: Looks like you guys are putting the DVR's under the rear seat, but my first instinct was in the right side pocket. Pros to this are easy to get to card and see at a glance if all is well; cons could be HEAT and a tougher install. Thoughts or regrets? [/QUOTE]

If you were to install in one of the cowl pockets you would need to drill access holes and then disconnect the DVR every time you removed the Tupperware.

Back
Top Bottom