Article [13] ST1300 - Available Tires

I have Pirelli Angel GT on my ST with the rear being 180/55/17. I run 42 PSI front and rear and have had excellent feedback from the tires. I have scraped my pegs quite a few times on twisty roads. No issues with running the more easily available tire size even though it isn't stock. Haven't seen any drop in fuel mileage as well.

I installed some new Battlax T32GT tires on the ST1300 today. And here is a record of the tires I've put on it since I bought the bike in 2015.

Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT. -(installed 2015) 6843 miles
Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT. -(installed 2017). 6281 miles
Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart 3. -(installed 2018). 9664 miles
Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart 3. -(installed 2019). 9956 mies
Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT. (installed 2021). miles TBD
I've ridden on all of these, currently the Dunlop RS3 but the best riding tire with just under 8k was the Avon XM3D. I switched to the R3s strictly because of sale price. Won't do it again.

I installed some new Battlax T32GT tires on the ST1300 today. And here is a record of the tires I've put on it since I bought the bike in 2015.

I've ridden on all of these, currently the Dunlop RS3 but the best riding tire with just under 8k was the Avon XM3D. I switched to the R3s strictly because of sale price. Won't do it again.

Care to share any thoughts or opinions?

What matters is tire pressure while you are riding, not cold pressure. Most ST riders aren't super aggressive, so 42 psi cold would typically mean 45-50 psi while riding (depending on ambient temp and your riding style), which seems like the sweet spot. If you are going to take your bike to a race track for a day of fun, you can expect very warm tires, so I can see why you would lower the cold pressure to e.g. 36 psi. You would then take it easy on the first few rounds until the tires have warmed up and pressure is in the mid/upper 40's as I described above.

I took my FJR to a track last summer, and the first thing they did was to take air out of my tires. I have a TPMS, and I can confirm that my rear tire reached the upper 40's which I'm used to during normal riding.

I've used the Avon Storm 3D tires for the last 150k and usually get between 16k - 19k. But I'm an old conservative rider. They do well on wet roads also. To be honest they're not too good on ice.

UPDATE:
Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT. (installed 2021). 7336 miles
Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT. (installed 2022). 8509 miles

Looks like I might be going back to Dunlop Roadsmarts.

Any updates on your T32 GTs? Mileage? I'm thinking about putting a set on my '07. How did you like the Dunlops? I know I'd like to stick to the GT versions out there. Getting harder to find a good tire that size that's GT rated. Is the Michelin Road 6 ok for the ST1300? I know it's not GT rated though.

Any updates on your T32 GTs? Mileage? I'm thinking about putting a set on my '07. How did you like the Dunlops? I know I'd like to stick to the GT versions out there. Getting harder to find a good tire that size that's GT rated. Is the Michelin Road 6 ok for the ST1300? I know it's not GT rated though.

Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT. (installed 2021). 7336 miles
Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT. (installed 2022). 8509 miles

Looks like I might be going back to Dunlop Roadsmarts.

Dunlop Roadsmart 3's (installed 2022) 7039 miles
Dunlop Roadsmart 3's (installed 2023) TBD

probably change to Roadsmarts 4's next.

I put the T32 GT on the back and it seems much more confidence inspiring (grippy) than the OEM tire (BT020F) that it replaced. I just ordered the T32 GT for the front.

I have a set of Road 6 waiting in the garage but I was curious to see what the Michelin site said about fitment. The GT is not available front or rear and apparently no other Michelins are available.
michelin_st1300_tires.PNG

I have a set of Road 6 waiting in the garage but I was curious to see what the Michelin site said about fitment. The GT is not available front or rear and apparently no other Michelins are available.
michelin_st1300_tires.PNG
Were you on their car tire site rather than the motorcycle site?

Were you on their car tire site rather than the motorcycle site?
I think I was on the motorcycle site. I didn't know there were two sites. The drop down menu was for selecting motorcycle tires.

Yup, went back and tried a second time and got the same results.

Last edited:
I put the T32 GT on the back and it seems much more confidence inspiring (grippy) than the OEM tire (BT020F) that it replaced. I just ordered the T32 GT for the front.
I have a set of these picked out on my retailers site,,, and just waiting for the June coupon code to be issued. Bridgestone has a decent promotional rebate going as well,, for a limited time. I am glad to hear that you are happy with them, so far,,,, cheers,,, CAt'

Changed out my tires today after 16,546mi. PR4 GT front and R5 GT rear. R6 front and back and after a quick 10mi ride the front feels heavy.

Back
Top Bottom