For Sale 1991 ST1100 motor, 28 amp Alternator, oil cooler setup

Price
0 - 150
Current Mileage
Who knows for sure - I was told 8K
Current Location
Tampa, FL

Mike M.

Tampa Mike
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 10, 2017
Messages
88
Age
67
Location
Tampa, FL / Athens, TN
Bike
ST1100/ST1300/Norton
This a a 1991 motor that I was told had 8,000 miles on the bike when the bike was wrecked. The motor looks ugly on the outside but was filled to the top with oil to preserve it. I did pull the alternator a couple of years ago and it looked great inside. The motor does turn over with no problem. Being a 91 it is supposed to have a little hotter cams than the later years. If there is anyone who can use it - make your best offer...............perhaps your best offer is to come and get it? It's located in Tampa Florida.

1991-st1100-28 amp Alternator and oil cooler.jpg

1991-ST1100-Motor.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 1991-ST1100-Motor.jpg
    1991-ST1100-Motor.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 4
I have rehabbed many bikes here in Florida, what's inside a nasty looking exterior can be fine. I've plugged all the holes in many a GL500 and bead blasted the motors then painted without every having to dismantle the motor and they have been fine. I don't know that-that is the case here with this motor. However, I would like this motor to go to someone who can use it or at least some of the parts.

Selling and money is not so much the issue - cleaning out the garage in preparation to sell this house in Tampa, someday, is the reason for this post.
 
I deleted all the non-useful comments... I used to not allow any comments on for sale threads as folks think it's a place to speak their mind. However, if you don't have anything useful to add to help someone sell something, you should probably just keep quiet... .or I'll delete the comments.
 
A look under the valve cover.
 

Attachments

  • 20260811_170458.jpg
    20260811_170458.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20260811_170507.jpg
    20260811_170507.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20260811_170521.jpg
    20260811_170521.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20260811_170600.jpg
    20260811_170600.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 19
I deleted all the non-useful comments... I used to not allow any comments on for sale threads as folks think it's a place to speak their mind. However, if you don't have anything useful to add to help someone sell something, you should probably just keep quiet... .or I'll delete the comments.
wasn't me :thumb: this time
 
Back
Top Bottom