Migsel Stiffener

Papa Brad

57 Actual - 67 Indicated
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Spring is "just around the corner" here in Northeast Kansas. I am making preparations and plans for installing my Migsel accessory mount. I will be relocating my Zumo 550 to the Migsel and will also be installing and mounting an additional refinement. I'll also be installing a GXM 30. I only want to have to take apart and put back together the "dash" once.

I'm almost certain the other refinement I have in mind will put too much stress on the "dash" without some sort of stiffener. I've been personal messaging a couple guys here on the forum and can't come up with anybody who is using one yet or where I can get one.

Any "direction pointing" will be much appreciated.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
He's talking about the stiffener. Jzulaski was working with someone that makes a dash shelf to get the stiffener part of that sold separately.

Seems like it would be easy enough to fabricate something...

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I've got one from Joe, just haven't had time to get it installed. Well, lack of time + the fact that my garage is colder than a witch's......

Soon, soon, I hope to have something to report.

Del

I too have a Migsel and I am also waiting for the stiffner before I do the install. Hopefully in time for Moonshine.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
Starting to get a little warmer here. I hope to get mine installed in the next couple of weeks.

I can say that my 2730 / Migsel mount combo is ok even without the stiffener. It bounces some, but not horribly.

Del

Is there any new info on stiffener availability and sourcing?
Michael

Edder B

Iron Butt Poser
Bike
ST1300PA
I just installed the Migsel mount last week without the stiffener. I don't think the stiffener is necessary. The area on the dash that has the plastic screws has a metal bracket under the dash. Migsel has an aluminum piece that fits into the metal bracket making it solid. I don't think there's a chance of it failing. I love the position of my 550 now. The Garmin mount was OK but partially blocked my view to the mirror and made me look to the right. Now, with the Migsel, its right in the line of sight while looking ahead. I also like the quality of the product. A little expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom