MCL drivers foot peg extenders

Bike
GL1800A/ST1300A
Just got the MCL drivers peg lowering kit. Followed instructions but the bolt hole for the peg to the extension piece won't line up. Called MCL they say that it is the correct one. Anyone else had problems like this???????? And how do you cure it???? Thanks, Chris.....

just took a quick trip to the garage to check my own 1100 installation---i would first try fitting the bolt thru the holes on the mcl extention peice, and then the same thing on the ome peg holes if the bolt refuses to go all the way thru- you'll of found the peice that's the problem. if the bolt goes thru fine then more than likely the pegs need's to be dressed up a wee bit with a file. to allow the peg to slipp far enough into the mcl ext. so that the bolt can be inserted. this shouldn't need much metal removal at all, so don't go to town with the power tools.- and remove a little at a time. it's been about four years, but when i installed myown everything DID fit fine- but if i remember it rightly, it took a bit of time to figure out the oreintation and i didn't need to file the peg will have very little movement once in the extention all movement will be in the extention-frame mount- and that isn't much...all bet's are off if it's a 1300 youre talking bout

OP
OP
Bike
GL1800A/ST1300A
Yes, it is a ST1300. I tried filing down my peg so the MCL part will fit further into the oem peg, still not enough. I will see if I can get another st owner to stop by and compare pegs. Thanks, Chris.......

OP
OP
Bike
GL1800A/ST1300A
No pics, but the bolt hole between the oem peg and the mcl extender don not line up. out about 32cd of and inch. Trying not to do too much grinding on my parts. No grinding on theirs otherwise I can't return them. Thanks, Chris.....

OP
OP
Bike
GL1800A/ST1300A
Had a friend bring his st over and the peg extenders fit perfectly. Took a rat tail file to my pegs and got them to work.

Glad I found your post. I'm installing mine right now, and hav the same problem. Looked at the non-fitting bolt and said, "Dang, I guess I can file it, but...".
As some fit fine and others don't, and as all MCLs things are NC milled, I assume its a casting tolerance in Mother Hondas process. Sigh.

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I am glad to hear the exact location of the problem, if I order a pair. I wonder if we can identify the specific years that guys are having a problem. Mine is a ST1300 2005.
Ron

Bike
2003 ST1300
My '03 had the same issue. There's a lot of rough flash left on the foot peg casting - easy enough to file down.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Followed instructions but the bolt hole for the peg to the extension piece won't line up... Anyone else had problems like this?
See this post: Click Here. The dimensions are different on the right and left upper extension pieces, I think this is a manufacturing error.

Michael

Top Bottom