Fuel Pump Issues

STOC #
I realize this probably belongs with the ST1100 Article on this topic:

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?89040-ST1100-Fuel-Pump-Replacementbut

, but now that I'm on my second new fuel pump in less that 200 miles I was hoping to get a broader discussion/more input etc. If you read the article you'll see that I've used the Airtex pump described there, but it only lasted about 150 miles. Dead. No volts, no ohms, etc. Dead.

Not sure this pump works for our application. I put in another one since the exchange was free and who knows? I'm not confident.

I am hoping the collective wisdom of the forum will inform me of flow rates/psi etc for future reference, but for now, I'd be happy to find a good used Honda ST1100 pump that works. The new ones are hundreds of dollars and I had hoped this fix would work. So far it hasn't. No ride = No joy.

TIA

I used the E11000 from Airtex. Much cheaper and it has the screen attached. So far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys....just not working for me. I'm about to order the OEM from motherhonda. $$$$$. I'v just removed the second Airtex and the Facet just doesn't seem right after all this. It's on and it pumps, but I really expected to see the clear filter I put on to be full and the gas only trickles thru it. I'm afraid the Facet will burn up w/o enuf gas flow. No problem leaving it there as a backup since it's plumbed and wired, but I think I'll be going stock. I've missed a lot of miles over this and it seems too easy to fix to be this much trouble. Hmmm.

LT rider, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the ST. What happened with the pump?

Thanks man! Just a transition year for Team Lar' I gues. lol. Still love the bike and had a great time going to get it and the 2k or so I've managed since then. I took two weeks off to truck camp with the Mrs and our furry child so I've had plenty of fun, just not as much time as I need to work all the bugs out. My aux fuse box, relay, running lights etc have all worked out fine just the fuel pump trials have slowed me down some. It's an older bike and those low miles come with some issues of their own. Still, I thought all the after-market pump fixes here would work....not for me at least. I'm still bobbin' around town on the little Twin for kicks. Maybe I'll get the ST tires wore out before the snow flies. No worries.

Thanks man! Just a transition year for Team Lar' I gues. lol. Still love the bike and had a great time going to get it and the 2k or so I've managed since then. I took two weeks off to truck camp with the Mrs and our furry child so I've had plenty of fun, just not as much time as I need to work all the bugs out. My aux fuse box, relay, running lights etc have all worked out fine just the fuel pump trials have slowed me down some. It's an older bike and those low miles come with some issues of their own. Still, I thought all the after-market pump fixes here would work....not for me at least. I'm still bobbin' around town on the little Twin for kicks. Maybe I'll get the ST tires wore out before the snow flies. No worries.

If it makes you feel any better I just replace my fuel pump in my ST1300 at 92K miles. Maybe you can just buy the pump motor and not the complete assy. Check the parts listing for a pt# for just the motor.

I just PMed Larry, but will reiterate for the collective.
My Facet also had me concerned when it didn't fill the filter right off the bat. But the bike was getting fuel so I just rode. When I looked again, the filter was mysteriously full. I can't splain it but it has done it twice for me. YEMV

I just PMed Larry, but will reiterate for the collective.
My Facet also had me concerned when it didn't fill the filter right off the bat. But the bike was getting fuel so I just rode. When I looked again, the filter was mysteriously full. I can't splain it but it has done it twice for me. YEMV

True, Mark. After a mile or two the little Facet has filled the filter. Still, I'll feel better having the oem down there and the Facet as a backup. It clicks and chatters (character) and lets me know it's alive. It gets quiet after a minute or two. For now I just have the oem hose in the tank and it just don't seem right for a long trip. I took the Airtex out. Dead as a hammer like the first one, but sooner. Less than a mile on it! It's just me. Two or three years ago I spent the weekend in Laramie, WY due to a fuel pump failure in a one year old van I was driving from MO to ID for a friend. Go figure. Fuel pumps hate me. It'll work out and hopefully we can all learn something about the mighty ST in the process. I"ve had plenty of good miles on these bikes so I guess a little learnin is in order.

Back
Top Bottom