Article [13] ST1300 - Getting bike ON / OFF Centerstand [VIDEO]

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Here ya' go -

I don't EVEN try to pull it off the stand whilst astride - just don't have the inseam for it......
:(

The key to getting it easily up on the center stand is to be sure that BOTH feet of the centerstand are squarely in contact with the ground PRIOR to attempting to lever it up. When you upright the bike, push it away from you to insure that the "away" foot of the center stand is actually in contact with the ground. I keep the bike IN GEAR and squeeze the clutch as I step on the centerstand lever. I leave it in gear when I pull it off the centerstand and let the gearing "catch" the bike as it moves forward off the stand as I feel it gives me more control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Getting bike ON / OFF Centerstand

I copied Dace's post to create and article.

Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
Re: Getting bike ON / OFF Centerstand

Tip of the day on this topic... Until I got my ST, I never had a problem getting any of my bikes on the center stand. If you're having trouble getting up on the center stand, check to make sure the pre-load on the rear shock is properly set! If the rear shock has no preload, it will be very tough to lift the bike all the way up on the center stand from such a low position in the rear. Rear shock preload STARTS when you begin to feel resistance on the adjuster knob as you turn it clockwise. Many bikes have lost fluid as they age and the adjuster knob needs to be turned many clicks clockwise from zero before resistance is felt and preload starts. In the worst cases, you may need to add fluid to the rear shock reservoir as discussed in other threads to get the proper preload.

Top Bottom