colonscopy

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I'm due, need to make an appointment.

Larger than a grape, smaller than a ping-pong ball. Would be about the size of an aggie, I think. :D

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
Way to go, MAC!!!! I had one done about ten years ago and need to re-schedule one soon.
Prayers sent your way. Because we need to have you around a whole lot longer.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Gosh Matt! First you tell me I'm wrong and then you kick when I'm down with the belt size comments. :D

Don't misunderstand, I know I'm wrong. My wife gets in my hair about it plenty. I'm the polar opposite of my oldest sister. It seems we get email from her twice a week about going to the doctor, chiropractor, dentist or eye doctor. She must spend $6,000/yr. in fuel going to appointments. She can't take a spoon full of chicken soup with checking with her doctor.

I'm going to go for a physical, but I don't wanna.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Jeff, there are People magazines in the waiting room. You should be able to find a picture or two of Teri Hatcher in them. ;)

Matt...Glad you said many of the things you did. Dinkie...I try to make it "aw better!"...but Mac is like you...he hadn't been to a doctor for a routine physical in 20 years...He went for one last year, wih my "encouragement." Dinkie...BEFORE YOU SAY IT....the "kiss it and make it better" was a trick line mother's used! There are far too many jokes this episode leads too...but they all lighten the load," better than the prep for this exam.

Proactive inquiry is wat better than reactive worry....take care of yourselves everyone! Such a sharing and caring bunch deserves to be here to give each other support for WHATEVER is needed, WHENEVER it is needed. Love is, after all, the best medicine!

Prayers out for you Patty!

Carole

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Ok I'll do it.

1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!'

2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'

3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'

4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'

5. 'You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.'

6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'

7.. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'

8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'

9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'

10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'

11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'

12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.'

And the best one of all.

13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
You guys who aren't on the annual physical bandwagon are really missing the boat. I'm convinced I get much better care by having a regular physical and also regularly checking in with my doctor on what's going on with my health and any meds I'm taking. The HMO we're with provides me on-line access to the majority of my medical records and I can shoot off emails to any of my medical staff. Keeps me out of the doctor's office when I don't need to be there which is one of the things I like.

John

Bike
ST1300
MAC I will offer a prayer that your test is negative, I am confident it will be so.
I have got to add one thing because Mac started the post saying "listen to your body".
Excellent advice... but DO NOT WAIT FOR YOUR BODY TO SEND A MESSAGE.
If you are 50 or older and have not had a colonoscopy, don't wait. GET ONE NOW.
I got cancer for Christmas!

And I had absolutely no symptoms. None. I could eat like a horse, eat spicy with no reflux, no heartburn problems, no ulcers no discomforts at all.
I had a colonoscopy about ten years back at age 45, for some stomach pain I was experiencing and that exam came back negative, no polyps, nothing abnormal.
Because I mentioned that I had the days off between the holidays, my doctor convinced me to have another one since it had been ten years.
Good thing he convinced me. They found a cancerous tumor the size of a golf ball.
Immediate surgery to remove the tumor and resection the bowel, eight days in the hospital and two more weeks of rest at home.
Thank God everything went well, the cancer had not spread, and I am back to living and back to work. I could not have been luckier.
I HAD NO SYMPTOMS, NOTHING TO TELL ME TO "GIT 'ER DONE".
This is why colon cancer is such a killer. Too many people wait too long.
DO NOT PUT OFF THE COLONOSCOPY.

FJA314

"Penguinisto"
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Mac, the timing of your post is incredible. I have my first scope scheduled for next Tuesday 13th. Your account of the process has been illuminating. Hope your results turn out OK.

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Didn't notice this thread until now. Guess I must have my head up my arse.

Thanks for posting this Mac. Gives me another gentle reminder that I need to get one done also. Best of luck with the results...

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I'm due this year. Went in last year during the prostate session, my proctoligst asked me why I was there, it hadn't been 5 years yet!

Anyhoo, found this jar full of "smaller than a ping-pong ball, larger than a grape" at the Moonshine store yesterday. Made me think of you, Mac. :D

IMG_6295 (842x1200).jpg

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Hmmmm.......gonna be 38 this year. Funny thing....USAF doesn't have any Colonoscopy pamplets in the Flight medicine office...? Everything else though....

Bike
2003 ST1300
Don't be a dope, do the scope. If you think its embarassing, consider how embarrasing it will be when you have advanced colon cancer and you have to poop into a bag exiting your abdomen. Yeah, you can be smart, or you can see me: I perform nuclear medicine PET scans on the embarassed folks who ignored the symptoms and medical advice. If it wasn't for denial, I would not have a job... Please put me out of business, so I can ride and fish!

PS even if you do the colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy, you still need to do a yearly hemacult stool check; its easy and painless. And please, please do not smoke!! Even if you don't get lung cancer, it is a slow cancer that will ruin your quality of life just at the time you deserve to enjoy the years of work and savings towards retirement.

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Hmmmm.......gonna be 38 this year. Funny thing....USAF doesn't have any Colonoscopy pamplets in the Flight medicine office...? Everything else though....
I'll bet they have hemacult literature! We had to do them yearly when I was still a sailor.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
7 a.m. , in 2 hours I'll be getting mine done, I'm reading and typing between visits to the "john". This is my second in 10 years, no problems that I know of though. A good friend put it off for years,
too late for him though, cancer 1, Mike 0..:(

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I'll bet they have hemacult literature! We had to do them yearly when I was still a sailor.
They used to do it at every flight physical (Annually) but about 5 years ago, they started bumping up the age... First it was 30 then 35 and now 40....strange

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Too many old folks in the military. Think about tho, the guys who were getting them at 30 10 years ago are still getting them. :D

Didn't Booger also get a colonoscopy recently? Oh wait... no, that was something else.. yet somewhat similar. :D
Gosh a guy can't go out of town for a few days & this is how I am treated. All will be well Mac. I drove pass Casey today and someone is looking over your shoulder.

Top Bottom