Whitehorse Throttle Lock ?

Bike
2003 ST1300
Got it last week. As a replacement for a throttle lock, it works just great. Probably the simplest method of giving your right hand a break. Definitely NOT a cruise control but just simple throttle lock, and is subject to the condition of your grips (use the silicone sleeve), terrain and all the other things that throttle locks are subject to. I will probably never bother with the other throttle lock type of devices again, it just does what I need,

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I've got one of those too. It works as advertised. Ken, you could pick one up at A Vicious Cycle in New Dundee if you want an excuse to go for a ride. They usually have them in stock, I believe

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
+ 2. Replaced the Vista Cruise on my ST11 with the Go-Cruise several months ago. The Go-Cruise is a breeze to install, works extremely well, once you set it it stays set (i.e.- doesn't slip like the VC did) and never needs subsequent readjustment due to wear like the Vista Cruise did. The Go-Cruise is a much better device IMHO.

Bike
Honda ST1300 A8
Hi
Sounds simple and adequately efficient if one's grips don't get worn out by the abrasion it may cause.
The site shows two sizes - small and large - which one works best on the ST1300A? And, with me living so far away needs be right first time.
Thanks in advance for the advice
Ben
BGSTRider
Western Australia

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
I have a Throttle Meister installed. It works fine, put sometimes it's difficult to twist on smoothly. What about using this throttle lock with Grip Puppies (installed over the standard ST1300 grips)? Anyone with experience in that configuration?

Bike
2003 ST1300
I have grip puppies, but this "thing" is installed beside them on the original grip. If your grip puppies take up the whole grip, you may need to slice off a 1/4 inch to acomodate it. The ST takes the smaller ones for 7/8", not the ones for 1" grips.

It works quite nicely, doesn't cause abrasion. Also comes with a 1/4" wide flat silicone rubber rubber band to slip over the grips first, in case the grips are too slippery. They've got it covered.

Attachments

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
Good advice on using this with Grip Puppies. Thanks for the photo of yours installed.

Bike
2012 ST1300
I have grip puppies, but this "thing" is installed beside them on the original grip. If your grip puppies take up the whole grip, you may need to slice off a 1/4 inch to acomodate it. The ST takes the smaller ones for 7/8", not the ones for 1" grips.

It works quite nicely, doesn't cause abrasion. Also comes with a 1/4" wide flat silicone rubber rubber band to slip over the grips first, in case the grips are too slippery. They've got it covered.
Would the larger Go-Cruise "thing" (1") fit OVER the grip puppies?

Top Bottom