Installation Issue with MCL Driver foot peg extensions.

Bike
2015 Versys 1k
I received a set of ST 1300 foot peg risers as a gift last year. Today I got around to installing them and found that the kick stand hits the left extension. the kick stand hits the riser on the way up and you have to push the stand all the way up. When the stand is all the way up, the riser hits/stops/rest on the spring hook of the stand and not the peg mount. It seems that the clearance cutout is not deep/large enough for to clear the spring hook on the kick stand. Is this normal???? Has anyone had this issue with these extensions????

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
I think that's normal; mine behaves the same as you describe. It's a minor nuisance sometimes when I start a ride: Engine warm? Check. Kickstand up? Check. Then I put the bike in first gear only to be greeted with the engine dying. Kickstand all the way up? Nope.

Edit:
When the stand is all the way up, the riser hits/stops/rest on the spring hook of the stand and not the peg mount.
When my kickstand is all the way up, there is plenty of clearance between the kickstand and the foot peg extension; there is no interference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom