ST1300 Idle Screw

Bike
2006 ST-1300
STOC #
I finally got around to replacing a set of cheapo JIS drivers I had with a small assortment of Vessel's "Megadora" series. Not exactly "cheap" but very nice quality. Vessel also makes a lesser expensive 700 series with gel grip handles you can usually find on ebay. As mentioned, You'll get the most use out of a #1 and #2.

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
You can make an emergency JIS driver by grinding the very tip from an appropriate sized Phillips.

OP
OP
roxzor
Looks like I have a vacuum leak. Bike would not fast idle and died after a couple of minutes. Oddly, that problem randomly went away and now it fast idles but after it warms up the idle bounces around all over the place and if I start the bike when it is still warm it idles very low. Do I really have to take all this crap apart again?! Argghhh.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I'm completely unfamiliar with "JIS" screwdrivers so I googled it and found this excellent web page at WebBikeWorld:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-tools/jis-screwdrivers/

I guess I've just always been lucky using plain old phillips head screwdrives. The video at the above link points out that the real problems come with smaller screws.

Just never know what I'm going to learn reading this forum! :bow1:

You can order them through McMaster Carr for about $24 dollars for a three piece set. They also have the jewelers sizes.
I've removed several air box base screws and snorkels with just fingertip pressure with the correct screwdriver. They are a must have in your tool box.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Ditto! I found out about JIS screwdrivers on this forum (after buggering up the requisite number of 'phillips' screw heads on bikes)!
Your bike does not have any Phillips head screws :rofl1: They are JIS screws ;)

Top Bottom