How Many New Zealand Riders on this Forum?

Bike
ST1300ABS Black
Hello There,
I note that there is not much activity in our New Zealand Section?
I live in Christchurch is there any one out there who wants to go on local rides and or further a feild?
Regards Trevor

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Hello Trevor,

I wish my son in Dunedin still rode; but, he and his wife have a 3 month old and riding has been put aside.

Chris and I plan on being in NZ in Oct next year; but, I don't think we'll have a MC to ride (or gear!).

Hi Trevor:

Spent 3 months in Oz and NZ in 2000 and are planning a return trip this fall (possibly Sept. or Oct.)We may rent a bike there, so if no one in NZ wants to ride would you consider a couple of Canucks?

Or we could just find a local and have a few pints and tell lies!

El Gato Loco

Mark and Carrie

Or you could just ride with 2 guys named Mark :D

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300ABS Black
Hi Mark and Carrie,
Good to hear from you, sounds like a plan, certainly if you hire a bike and are in Christchurch we could do a ride to eat to Akaroa, a very scenic and windy road close to the city, I quite often go over eraly on a Sunday Morning for breakfast.
Keep in touch
Stay Safe
Regards Trevor

Bike
ST 1100
Hi Trevor
Just joined the forum. I bought my ST1100 a year ago and still getting to grips with it slowly. I am out west - Kirwee. I did my first Akaroa ride over this Easter week end. Keen to catch up and chat.
ST1100 - 2000

TREVOR:

Excellent!

We didn't get to the South Island and are looking forward to it. Will probably rent a car first to tour wineries in and around the Christchurch area, because I'm not allowed to drink and ride (bosses orders) She's afraid I might hit a Cowrie Tree!!! but Sunday breakfast sounds great. Again, not sure when we will be going ( I am currently undergoing 6 months of chemotherapy following (sucessful) cancer surgery, but the trip is my reward for going through this. Just the thing to cheer me up!

Snow is melting here, spring is comming and I've got the bike tuned up and ready to go. I will keep you updated

Cheers,

Mark and Carrie

Hi Mark and Carrie,
Good to hear from you, sounds like a plan, certainly if you hire a bike and are in Christchurch we could do a ride to eat to Akaroa, a very scenic and windy road close to the city, I quite often go over eraly on a Sunday Morning for breakfast.
Keep in touch
Stay Safe
Regards Trevor

Trevor:

Oh oh... I'm in trouble. I have been away from NZ so long I can't even spell Kauri correctly.
Hope Tane Mahuta lets me back in. :bow1:

Mark :D

TREVOR:

Oy!
Almost a month!
My apologies for not posting back sooner. I seem to have a new wrinkle in my neuropathology. Of late, for 3 days following treatment my hands and fingers curl up in spasm and turn into claws (interesting but weird) this is interfering with Thursday night Bike Night get togethers at our local Canadian Tire store (think of it as an everything you 've ever wanted for your car/bike lawnmower/tractor and more store!). Makes it hard to grip the handlebars. Thank goodness for heated grips! Although I did make it out this past Thursday (counted 160+ bikes, best turn out ever this year).
Talked to the doc, and depending on my blood work next Tuesday, she may reduce my chemo dose.
I'm half way through treatment, so it's all downhill from here! :D

Carrie has been confirmed as permanent in her new job and will need some time to re-organize her departments (about 6 months) so we have decided to take a minimum of 4-6 weeks (probably end up being 5). Carrie is going to book the month of December for sure. That would make it summer there wouldn't it? Excellent!

I will let you know more when we firm up actual dates.

Mark and Carrie

Bike
2003 ST1300
Hello There,
I live in Christchurch is there any one out there who wants to go on local rides and or further a feild?
Regards Trevor
Shafty lives in Matiere (North Island) and we swapped STs in 2011 to tour each others homeland. He is currently working in the US (Texas). If you would like to see his RR for the USA tour its here......

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/144644-Shafty-s-USA-Ride-Report-Route-66-and-beyond-caution-long-with-pix/page4
Cheerz
Olegeezer

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300ABS Black
Hi Team,

Yes December is our summer here, but it gets hotter through December to about March.

All the best for the rest of your treatment.
Regards
Trevor

Bike
DL650 v Strom 2014
Greetings from Sunny Hawkes Bay ST1100P .I love my V Strom 650 2012 but the ST1100 is so smooth and comfortable , can't wait for a trip :)
I wanted to see if I could get used to a bigger bike and I think it is so smooth and has great balance . Doing U turns is a breeze compared to my higher up DL650.
Had the ST about 6 weeks and just doing a few adjustments and add ons. Very happy with my ST :)

Bike
St1300 '11 (frm new)
Hello There,
Regards Trevor
Perhaps because this forum listed under Australia and no-one in New Zealand can find it.

Hi
Steve Here from Auckland. Been riding on and off since the 70's currently riding a Black St1300 the last four years.
Two weeks away from a fortnights ride around the South Island, just what this bike is built for.

Cheers

Bike
ST1300 2011
Hi Trevor, just bought an st1300 2011, waiting to get it down from auckland via biketranz.

I live in Rangiora.

I also know the local postie who when not on his little honda 100 rides an st1300 2008 as well. It will be one of my work bikes, but also for social (wife on the pillion seat) when I get a chance.

I am a motorcycle instructor, and also involved with Institute of Advanced Motorists IAM who are a good group of people to ride with locally. usually meeting at the z station on corner of johns road and Main North in Belfast on the last sunday each month. FaceBook canterbury IAM.

Top Bottom