Positive Orange warranty claim result.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Positive Orange TPMS warranty claim result.

I bought an Orange TPMS in November of 2012 from Amazon.com for around $130. I installed in on my ST1300 this winter. I've enjoyed seeing my tire pressures and temps at a glance all spring and summer.
On the way home from 2013 NatSToc I rode in pouring rain for several hours. The TPMS quit working about an hour into the heavy rain. This was the first time the TPMS had been really soaked.
When I got back, I both called and emailed the contact information on the Orange website asking to take advantage of their one year warranty and I described to them how I'd tested it both on the bike and on the bench and determined it was DOA.
The next day I received a polite response in English from Taiwan requesting a copy of the invoice and a picture of the front and back of the display unit.
I emailed both to them that night.
The next day I received an apology and a note saying that they are sending a whole new kit out. They couldn't just send out a replacement display since they'd recently changed the senders to read up to 74 psi. Mine maxed out at 50 and isn't compatible with the newest display. They offered to send a whole new and updated set.

During the back and forth emails they ASKED, not TOLD me to send the defective display back to them for testing. After they'd already told me of a delivery date for the new system, I agreed. (It's nice to be asked, instead of told.)

Today the new set arrived, 17 days before the promised delivery date.

I'm happy with the warranty service provided by Orange. I'd rather not have to reinstall sensors inside my tires and reinstall the wires, but it's nice to know that Orange is supporting it's product in the US, even if it's via Taiwan.

It's a nice TPMS and I'll install this one ASAP.

If anyone wants my 50psi Orange senders, let me know. You can have them for the price of postage. I don't need them.

KenB

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Good on them! :yes:

Maybe since they went beyond what you expected, why not go beyond what they asked and return all the parts? :)

Top Bottom