Stainless steel brake lines.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Wow !! The cost is almost unbelievable - worth a shot, maybe. I wonder if they are pressure tested ? I guess the purchaser can do that after they are installed ............ but definitely good for the clutch hose.

BTW, hose assemblies made by Brake Material & Parts are pressure tested to 3,000 psi and therefore are DOT qualified.

The other problem may be the orientation of the fittings on the Chinese hoses. The Chinese hoses may not fit without having a twist when installed. With Brake Materials & Parts, you send them you old hoses and they copy them, including the orientation of the fittings. They also use any T-fittings that are used in the OEM hoses. I was surprised about that.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
t appears they're made and shipped from China.
Say no more! North Americans are losing more and more jobs to China and other third world countries. Save a few bucks here and there and kill more jobs here and there too. Whatever happened to the "Buy USA" mantra?

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Say no more! North Americans are losing more and more jobs to China and other third world countries. Save a few bucks here and there and kill more jobs here and there too. Whatever happened to the "Buy USA" mantra?
the quest for ever higher corporate profits moved all the jobs elsewhere to lower costs. This trend was predicted decades ago and I hoped it wouldn't happen, but unfortunately it has. The consumer didn't stop buying American, the producers stopped building American.

Chinese quality is all over the map, depending on how demanding the parent company is with QC. My brakes aren't something where I'm going to test Chinese QC, so I'm not a customer for their SS lines, but figured I'd post the link here if anyone else is interested.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Unfortunately, it's just not a matter of a few bucks - it's a matter of more than a few bucks. And even if you buy "American" , such as an American car ( we just purchased a new 2016 Cruze ) , it will contain many foreign ( Korean, Chinese, Mexican ) parts. For example, the wheels & tires on our Chevy Sonic were made in Korea - shipped to the assembly point with the tire already mounted on the rim.

Top Bottom