Rev'it Sand 2...

90210brandon

Be a Zero
Bike
07 Silver ST13
STOC #
Does anyone have any experience with Rev'it? What stands out for you?

Have you used in all kinds of weather? Does all the armour come with it? I heard the spine board doesn't...is that true? I haven't found anything online.

Any help is great.

Thanks.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
Does anyone have any experience with Rev'it? What stands out for you?

Have you used in all kinds of weather? Does all the armour come with it? I heard the spine board doesn't...is that true? I haven't found anything online.

Any help is great.

Thanks.

I don't have this jacket but I did find it listed online at Revzilla.

It would appear that you are correct about the spine protection. The Jacket comes stock with a foam back protector but you can upgrade to CE protector for $50.00

Check these links:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-sand-2-jacket
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-seesoft-back-protector-insert

HTH,

Bob

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Sand2 is a nice jacket and revzilla has a decent video explaining all the features if I recall.

I almost bought one but went with Klim latitude misano because of its waterproof exterior.

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Sand2 is a nice jacket and revzilla has a decent video explaining all the features if I recall.

I almost bought one but went with Klim latitude misano because of its waterproof exterior.
I too ended up with the Kilm latitude....only have had it for a day, but really like it.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I was shopping a new jacket and have tried on the Sand2. It fit very well and the back protector is indeed extra. The Klim Latitude is very nice, but make sure it fits you. I'm going with the new MotoQuest from Olympia when I can find it at a good price.

OP
OP
90210brandon

90210brandon

Be a Zero
Bike
07 Silver ST13
STOC #
I looked at Dainese (fit well, has a european fit) Teren D-Dry and Scott All-Terrain but the Sand seemed better quality...so it was done. Sand2 is was.

I fitted a Black Jack Heated vest and it is awesome.

Highly recommend the jacket.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I don't see the Sand jacket on the Rev'it website, nor do I have experience with it, however I did buy a Rev'it jacket and pants a few years ago and it has been a great product. Mine most closely resembles, in design, the model now called Levante. http://www.revitusa.com/en-us/#/products/FJT152

Very fine mesh jacket which does allow decent airflow and a removable cool weather liner and separate waterproof rain liner, which also works well just on its own to keep a cool breeze out on an otherwise dry day. Armour in shoulders and elbows and soft armour on the back. Lots of pockets. Rode in pouring rain with just the rain liner in and, although the jacket was quite wet, I was quite dry inside the liner. Good product, well made.

OP
OP
90210brandon

90210brandon

Be a Zero
Bike
07 Silver ST13
STOC #
I don't see the Sand jacket on the Rev'it website, nor do I have experience with it, however I did buy a Rev'it jacket and pants a few years ago and it has been a great product. Mine most closely resembles, in design, the model now called Levante. http://www.revitusa.com/en-us/#/products/FJT152

Very fine mesh jacket which does allow decent airflow and a removable cool weather liner and separate waterproof rain liner, which also works well just on its own to keep a cool breeze out on an otherwise dry day. Armour in shoulders and elbows and soft armour on the back. Lots of pockets. Rode in pouring rain with just the rain liner in and, although the jacket was quite wet, I was quite dry inside the liner. Good product, well made.
Bush, so you haven't had a problem in BC weather then? I am a little worried about it but for the price, I was willing to take the chance. Have you replaced the spine protection at all?

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Hi Brandon,

Didn't notice at first that you are a Vancouver boy (B.C. and not Washington state i assume?) I haven't had any problem with the weather here, although, I'm not one to go out and ride in the rain just for the hell of it. With an electric vest under the full layered jacket (rain and thermal liner in), I am quite toasty on very cool days in early spring or late fall and the vest is turned off more than on. Usually only need extra heat on a late season ride around the Duffy loop, or other mountainous rides.

As far as the spine protection goes, my thought is that you can get ATGATT overkill to the point of wearing a metal suit of armour, if you want, but for me, the hard armour shoulder, elbows and knees is good enough. When you consider the *most likely* points of impact when you leave the bike unintentionally, it is *most likely* it will be the extremity points that hit something first, like hands, feet, head, knees and elbows, before a possible body slide down the road happens. Of course, YAMV (Your Accident May Vary):D

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I have the upgrade spine armor for my Revit Defender GTX jacket. The jacket is superbly engineered and constructed and is totally capable of true 4 season use. I like the fact that it's Gortex rain liner is a seperate piece because on very hot days the jacket is much lighter and breathes much better without the rain liner in.
As far as the upgrade spine armor...it appears somewhat thick and somewhat heavy when you hold it. You think, Jeez, this has got to be uncomfortable and hot when the temps are high. Not the case at all. It is a visoelastic type of armor that your body heat warms and it molds perfectly to the shape of your back a few minutes after you put the jacket on. You really never notice it's there until you carry the jacket after you take it off. It does have some weight to it, but you never notice it when wearing the jacket. Good engineering!

Bike
ST1300
I have the upgrade spine armor for my Revit Defender GTX jacket.
Not wanting to go too much off topic, but I have a quick question about your Defender jacket. I have one as well, and have an issue with the wrist straps scuffing the sleeves (I think because the straps are fairly stiff rubber and the velcro seems to act like sand paper). Do you have the same problem?

Thanks.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
Does anyone have any experience with Rev'it?
I've had six or seven Rev'it items in the last four years.

The gloves (Dirt, I think they're called) have been the best item, great fit, and two years of daily wear (they're fine for winter driving under the Hippo hands).

The Horizon winter jacket and pants combo have been okay, if Rev'it would use better zippers and velcro, these items would be great. Rev'it replaced the pants three times in my first month of ownership due to failing zippers, when the third zipper tore apart, I had a tailor replace it, and it's held up fine for two winter seasons. The velcro on the jacket cuffs has never held well, I'll have that replaced once the weather warms up.

The same criticism holds true for the Air Wave jacket and pants combo, cheap zipper, and lousy velcro. The velcro on the cuffs of both jacket, and pants was replaced during the first year of ownership, now the jacket zipper needs replacing.

However the worst Rev'it item I've purchased is the H2O Rain Suit, besides for the lousy velcro, it's difficult to put on, and it leaks water every time I use it.

The next time I need motorcycle gear, I'll be looking elsewhere, Rev'it clothing, other than the gloves, has been a big disappointment.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Not wanting to go too much off topic, but I have a quick question about your Defender jacket. I have one as well, and have an issue with the wrist straps scuffing the sleeves (I think because the straps are fairly stiff rubber and the velcro seems to act like sand paper). Do you have the same problem?

Thanks.
No, I haven't experienced this. I set the wrist straps for the season...a bit tighter for cold weather. But otherwise leave them alone and use the zippers if I need to loosen the wrist closures to take the jacket off. I did just get Olympia Motoquest pants to replace the Revit Sand pants I have. Nothing wrong with the Revit pants, but the are just an inch or two shorter than I'd like when seated on the ST1300. So far I really like the new pants, much longer and I have a longer inseam so that's good. Will likely sell the Sand Pants.

Top Bottom