smart phone holder

Bike
ST1300
Hi all, I am just wondering if there is a preferred holder for mobile devices that people use on the ST. and where is the best place to mount it? I have a htc windows8 phone that i want to use for listening to music, spoken books, and also to utilize the gps that i have on the phone via our bluetooth headsets.

Thanks Chris

Bike
2007 ST1300A
I got a 2 pack adjustable holder at costco 2 weeks ago in Kalispell. One in the minivan, and one looks destined for the ST .....

Suction cup mount, could fit nicely on the curved part of the dashboard .....

Last edited:
Bike
'04 ST1300
+1 on the Ram x grip. Love it! It didn't look secure to me, but I gave it a try. Fantastic.

Mount it on a ram ball on the steering stem. Some of my devices didn't like the vibration if mounted on the brake or clutch reservoir.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
+2 on the Ram X-grip. Used mine on a 5000 mile trip and never had an issue.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
+4 Ram mount. Where do you intend on mounting it. Everyone has different farkles and configurations that work for them.
Ram offers almost limitless possibilities. Take a look at their mounts after you find just the right place for YOU. I am sure you
will be able to put together a mount that will get you where you wanna go !

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Probably most common is mount a ball ont he cover between the handlebars.

But some folks like it up higher, on top the dash, others want it off to the side and use the brake or clutch mounts.
See if there are some friendly ST-owners around you that have there's farkled up a bit. Then you can get a few ideas of things for your own ride.

Bike
1994 ST1100
I have ram X on clutch lever side, there is a universal clutch/brake lever clamp for ram holder.

Mark

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
O.K. it looks like its the Ram x-Grip but what mount are people using? (on the ST) as there are various ones listed
I have mine in the center and powered with a USB adapter to powerlet. I bought it all from Radio World 40 minutes away. Any RAM mount dealer should have all that you need.

Bike
2003 ST1300
I like the X-grip holder but I would also like to enclose my iphone in a box that partially shades the screen in order to see it better in bright sunlight. Does anyone have a suggestion on such a device?? I already have the ball mount base in the center of the bars.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I have a Lifeproof case on my IPhone 4s. I found a lifeproof website that had a bicycle mount. It was the only place that I could find any kind of mount for the LP case. When I got the mount, the ball was made with a loop for the handlebars of a bike. I cut the loop off of the ball, which was smaller than the Ram ball, and drilled a hole and threaded a Ram ball into it. This holder has a port for the camera to see out of to take pics with my phone on the fly. It is also cut away on the bottom to charge the phone. There is a latch on top to keep the phone secure. Did a 2150 mile trip to N.C. and back with no trouble. I bluetoothed my phone to my Scala, tapped the button and said "play my music" and listened to my playlist on the ride. Very secure. I like it.:tb1:

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I am using a BioLogic for my iphone 5s it attaches with a RAM mount you have to adapt it to the RAM mount but it was very easy to do. Its waterproof and allows for the charger to be connected as well. Can post pictures later.

I broke the clip on my Otterbox so I took the mounting bracket for a bicycle water bottle holder a longer screw and a washer and voila, a mount for my phone in the center of the handle bars (no plastic cover due to bar risers installed).

cheap since I had all the parts and now when I ride I unclip from my belt and put it on the bike. No muss no fuss.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I broke the clip on my Otterbox so I took the mounting bracket for a bicycle water bottle holder a longer screw and a washer and voila, a mount for my phone in the center of the handle bars (no plastic cover due to bar risers installed).

cheap since I had all the parts and now when I ride I unclip from my belt and put it on the bike. No muss no fuss.
Pictures???

Pictures???
Sure, using this mount. (Actually not that mount though I did try it. That mount might have been too small in diameter for the crossbar. I might have reused another mount that was already on the bike but you get the idea).

With a longer bolt and a washer, maybe an extra piece of thin rubber for a shim...

This is for my Galaxy Note 2 btw for size. Pretty much maxed allowable space there. Very solid, no vibrations.
from behind

image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom